January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

I almost set my apartment on fire.

:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
But to be fair, my boyfriend contributed :iconimnothappyplz:

I turned on the oven to prepare a pizza to eat for lunch. My boyfriend had made sausage balls the night before and unbeknownst to me there was grease and debris on the heating element. I started smelling something funky after a few minutes. When I came back into the kitchen, it stank of smoke. My immediate thought was ruh-roh, something is on fire. I opened the oven and there was a huge plume of nasty smoke. No fire yet, but something was smoldering on the bottom of the oven.

This is an electric oven and we're dealing with grease, so water is a no-no. I was all calm about it until I realized we have no baking soda. After some quick thinking, I grab the salt-shaker and start throwing salt on that bitch. It worked. I turned off the oven, let it cool some and used a metal spatula to remove the debris.

The important thing is, no fire, everyone is safe. But now my apartment fucking stinks of smoke and I'm afraid to use the oven now. I wanted that pizza, dammit. My boyfriend is definitely picking up some damn baking soda on the way home.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Ew..
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Tell him to pick up a pizza on the way, since the event has traumatized you so badly that you need your pizza to move on
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Eat smoked pizza.
:icondezenerate:
Dezenerate Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
No fire alarms?
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Photographer
We have a smoke detector but it doesn't work.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Have him pick up your monthly lady things next time he goes out.....trust me us guys hate doing that for the gals.....
I don't need those right now, I'm pregnant so I don't have periods. But he's got me tampons before, it wouldn't faze him.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
poop...oh well...I tried.
:iconsteinb:
steinb Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Sounds like a narrow escape. Well done, staying alive...! ;-)
Having worked in kitchens, I'm pretty experienced with grease fires. Not panicking and knowing what to do are very important.
Add a Comment: