Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 247

Everyone wants to be nostalgic.

:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Filmographer
The classics are always better. Old technology is better. Old TV is better. Old video games and movies are better. The good old days could be a year ago or a decade ago or half a century ago, and they'll will always be better.

Bullshit.

True, i guess it's their opinion, i guess. (But seriously, though; 2005 was not that long ago. Stop getting nostalgia-fits about that one song you thought sucked until now.) But everyone get's convenient amnesia as far as how much shit there was back then.

"Yeah, some shit sucked in the 80's and 90's. But the 60's and 70's are where the real gold's at."

Just so you know, the Classics, the things that defined the decade, back in the day, was mixed in with the rest of the shit produced in that time period. Time has washed away the shit, leaving only the good stuff to be seen and admired today. THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING WAS SOLID GOLD BACK IN THE DAY.

$500,000 says you'll look upon this decade and say "the 10's were amazing. I miss the 10's" 20 years later. By then, most of the shit from this decade would've eroded, leaving only the good stuff you missed back when you were in the thick of it.

Tl;dr: AREN'T CD PLAYERS AND VCR'S FUN, GUYS? I MISS THE 90'S. KURT COBAIN IS BEST MUSIC, AND CARTOONS WERE GOOD REMEMBER? REMEMBER? GOOD, BECAUSE I DON'T. I WAS TOO BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH THE REST OF IT SUCKED AND HOW THE 80'S WERE BETTER.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Some old media can withstand the test of time, some don't.
Example: Sonic 2 is still fun today. Sonic Adventure 2 is shit.

Some new media can be better than the old, some aren't.
Example: Demon's Souls > Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Dragon Age 2 cannot even hold the tip of the candle to Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Am.

Some people can be nostalgia fanboys. In return, the modern fanboys can be equally as shitty.
Example: Old Pokemon fanboys not accepting Pokemon past 150. Newer Pokemon fanbrats that cannot accept criticism on the later Pokemon designs and use old Pokemon like Muk as an excuse to have shit like that garbage Pokemon be okay.

I wish people would understand these concepts.
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Filmographer
ikr?
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the thoughtful response.
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Filmographer
It's Pokemon, not Nietzsche.

I already expressed agreement; what more do you want?
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
nvrm
mkay.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013   Digital Artist
Games were harder back in the day. I was playing the first Double Dragon today on the Megadrive and I got my ass kicked on the first level. Then looking back at the old cartoons; the 90s Incredible Hulk was hilarious. I made a drinking game out of it. Technology... things were tougher; blowing the dust out of a game cartridge made it work. However, I do agree that this Retro/Vintage trend is just a fashionable thing to be right now. Nevertheless, like every fad that is popular, I will just ignore it and do as I please and carry on. :dummy:
fasho.
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
Fasho indeed. :nod:
indeed indeed. :iconkakapoplz:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
Every time I see that icon, it makes me want to do the same thing. :iconkakapoplz:
it's truly the best icon in existence.

:icongetsomeplz:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   Digital Artist
Indeed. :salute:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Filmographer
Indiddly.

:iconflandersplz:
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Nostalgiafags are all over hip-hop, and it's irritating. Only a few pull it off right.
ikr?

(hey; wanna listen to some DJ Krush? [link] )
how bout insted [link]
lol i was listening to that yesterday. :lol:
See now, if I wasn't on an iPhone I'd pull out the DJ Premier card...
for sure lol.
:iconsiranger:
sirAnGer Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Old CDs are better because of the shitty loudness war.
well, yeah; that's true.
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I instantly hate people who are over-nostalgic. Fuck off, plz!
ikr?
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Is old technology better? At times yes. The old Nokida phones were amazing in every way.
Apart from that, I am a nostalgic fellow and with the advantage of hindsight, I feel that even the bad things had a good side to it. I do not complain that much about the present.
for sure.
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I was Nostalgic before it was Nostalgic!
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Filmographer
I drank my coffee before it was cool, and now i'm in the hospital.
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I lost my virginity before my father.
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
i live in a sealed box, because air is too current.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lol:
:iconsilverfangotaku:
SilverFangOtaku Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
But I loved Banjo-Kazooie! :noes:
:stinkeye:
:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
I wanna watch Animaniacs now. :B
lol
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional
Old technology is better? No.
Old TV is better? As in the quality of shows? Hell yes.
Old video games are better? Debatable.
Old movies are better? Debatable.

I won't look back on this decade and call it amazing. I'll look back on it and wonder how the hell America made it as far as it did without imploding.
drugs.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional
I'LL GIVE YA DRUGS LADDIE
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
:icongoobyplz:
:iconcindarellapop:
CindarellaPop Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I do genuinely miss my VCR but mom got rid of the VHS tapes and no new films come out on tape anymore. :(
:iconsauti-alamisi:
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I remember a wee bit when I was late 3. We still have our Welsh/British souls after my family moving to the USA for a few years. Living the style until I was 6. Ahh, good old times.

I do like old technology a couple of years back. Before iPhones. I am a pro to clinging on the old and never letting go. But I am forced to pull away. :saddummy:
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   Traditional Artist
I play old video games because they're probably easier than the games they come out with now. And I never have before, so it doesn't count as nostalgia at all!
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Filmographer
:lol:
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
VCR's were AWESOME what are you talking about? Now that i have all these shitty DVDs and these movies files on my laptop WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY BOOK CASES? And old phones ARE better! They don't use these sissy over sensitive touchpads that WON'T FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS LET ME TYPE! And the PS2 will always be the greatest console ever PERIOD because it allows you to play pretty much the entire Star Ocean series and the IMOQ from the .hack//series.

Classics ARE always better. That's why they became classic and not whatever the crap that's being churned out now! Not all old shit is better but the stuff that lived certain is!
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Filmographer
"Just so you know, the Classics, the things that defined the decade, back in the day, was mixed in with the rest of the shit produced in that time period. Time has washed away the shit, leaving only the good stuff to be seen and admired today."

this applies to every decade; 20 years from now, you'll be saying the exact same thing, except you'll be mentioning the classic stuff of the 2010's as proof that the 2030's suck.

"this screen is as flat as paper and can be rolled up and stored? WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LAPTOP CASE? and iPods are better! They don't have holographic keyboards that WHAT THE HELL AM I TYPING? I'M LITERALLY TYPING ON AIR!"
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeeeeeah, so I'm going to wait for 30 years from now so time can shift through the random crap for me. Meanwhile, 90's music here I go :D.

no, no I'm pretty sure I will always hate touchpads/screens. I am sick of cliking things on accident that I don't mean too...sometimes it undoes everythig nand I have to start all over....and I'm pretty sure holographic whatevers will do that too. No, when that shit comes out, Imma bitch and moan about how key boards and DS's were the golden age of electronics.

Hey! I spent a fortune on my laptop and the accompanying carrier it better as hell be feasible for another 10 years.
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   Writer
Well, I prefer certain old things over today. For example, I think Ocarina of Time is one of Legend of Zelda's best games, however Twilight Princess ties 100% with it. I prefer the music that I've heard (rock n roll) of the 70's and 60's over today's rock n roll, but I'm not saying today's rock n roll is bad, in fact there are amazing modern rock n roll bands.
I think the reason why I seem to prefer certain old things over today was because I grew up with it. Not nostalgia really, but because I'm used to it. I don't like change.
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Hmm I guess I better start with videogames.

Sega, nintendo, and atari Built systems that last and won't break with you simply drop it unlick today modern video game systems. HELL THOSE OLD SYSTEMS COULD LITERALLY TAKE A BULLET AND PLAY FINE.

Fuck your red ring of death and lasers going out every six months.

Music: ok honestly i'm a bit bias here but to me music became a outright obivous gimmick after the 80's. :? hey anyone remember when MTV played music?

Cartoons:Does anyone rememeber the big words WB snuck inot bug s bunny cartoons every now and then? it's those little bits of effort you hardly notice until you watch cartoons from back then to now. not saying it's all crap now but it's trying over and over to recreate something that irritaes me.

movies: :shrug: if it sells hollywood will milk it to death. Some remakes are decent. The taking o phelam 123 comes to mid, not as good as the orignal one but it's pretty decent. the we get Fright night, Texas chainsaw massaccre 3D and a host of Adam Sandler movies that are bastardize remakes.

as for old technology
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Is the Red Ring of Death still around? I thought MS fixed that...
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
I was speaking of older models
Add a Comment: