Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 247

Everyone wants to be nostalgic.

:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Jan 7, 2013  Student Filmographer
The classics are always better. Old technology is better. Old TV is better. Old video games and movies are better. The good old days could be a year ago or a decade ago or half a century ago, and they'll will always be better.

Bullshit.

True, i guess it's their opinion, i guess. (But seriously, though; 2005 was not that long ago. Stop getting nostalgia-fits about that one song you thought sucked until now.) But everyone get's convenient amnesia as far as how much shit there was back then.

"Yeah, some shit sucked in the 80's and 90's. But the 60's and 70's are where the real gold's at."

Just so you know, the Classics, the things that defined the decade, back in the day, was mixed in with the rest of the shit produced in that time period. Time has washed away the shit, leaving only the good stuff to be seen and admired today. THIS DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING WAS SOLID GOLD BACK IN THE DAY.

$500,000 says you'll look upon this decade and say "the 10's were amazing. I miss the 10's" 20 years later. By then, most of the shit from this decade would've eroded, leaving only the good stuff you missed back when you were in the thick of it.

Tl;dr: AREN'T CD PLAYERS AND VCR'S FUN, GUYS? I MISS THE 90'S. KURT COBAIN IS BEST MUSIC, AND CARTOONS WERE GOOD REMEMBER? REMEMBER? GOOD, BECAUSE I DON'T. I WAS TOO BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH THE REST OF IT SUCKED AND HOW THE 80'S WERE BETTER.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkmwright:
Some old media can withstand the test of time, some don't.
Example: Sonic 2 is still fun today. Sonic Adventure 2 is shit.

Some new media can be better than the old, some aren't.
Example: Demon's Souls > Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Dragon Age 2 cannot even hold the tip of the candle to Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Am.

Some people can be nostalgia fanboys. In return, the modern fanboys can be equally as shitty.
Example: Old Pokemon fanboys not accepting Pokemon past 150. Newer Pokemon fanbrats that cannot accept criticism on the later Pokemon designs and use old Pokemon like Muk as an excuse to have shit like that garbage Pokemon be okay.

I wish people would understand these concepts.
VelvetFish Jan 12, 2013  Student Filmographer
ikr?
:iconkmwright:
Thanks for the thoughtful response.
VelvetFish Jan 13, 2013  Student Filmographer
It's Pokemon, not Nietzsche.

I already expressed agreement; what more do you want?
mkay.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Jan 12, 2013   Digital Artist
Games were harder back in the day. I was playing the first Double Dragon today on the Megadrive and I got my ass kicked on the first level. Then looking back at the old cartoons; the 90s Incredible Hulk was hilarious. I made a drinking game out of it. Technology... things were tougher; blowing the dust out of a game cartridge made it work. However, I do agree that this Retro/Vintage trend is just a fashionable thing to be right now. Nevertheless, like every fad that is popular, I will just ignore it and do as I please and carry on. :dummy:
VelvetFish Jan 12, 2013  Student Filmographer
fasho.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
Fasho indeed. :nod:
indeed indeed. :iconkakapoplz:
Add a Comment: