I know I complain a lot but my BIGGEST art related pet peve is...

..."artists" that cant draw decently. That is like the fundamental aspect of art. Not even talking about knowing anatomy and such , but instead just seeing and copying what you see. I just started drawing again and it isn't that hard. I think people should draw daily to work on proportions etc. I am not the best at drawing but i know how to make marks.

[link]
Comments463
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My biggest pet peeve right now is artists making threads on complaints to rub it in everyone's faces.
My art is very flawed. I'm still a student trying to get the most out of the basics as I can.

Also, theres also alot of people on here who are just doodling for fun, & aren't really serious about a career in art.
i am not even decent at drawing so i am partly talking about myself

Yeah. The left arm looks deformed and the upper body is much bigger than the lower body.
Erm, it's okay to cringe when you see art you don't like. But for the benefit of everyone (I mean, it is your opinion) keep it to yourself. I mean, even when you see art that you believe shouldn't be here at all for being your definition of unsightly, even when you see art that is so obviously bad you claw your eyes out, take a deep breath and don't comment on their work :) As much as you WANT to tell them how to improve, you don't know these people and maybe they weren't even asking for comments (I'm extra careful about that now). Maybe these are users who just want a place to upload their works (just for that purpose and not really interacting with the community other than to view other works and submit more works).

And, I think you shouldn't talk so ill of people who copy what they see. Heck, that's how the visual arts began. People copied from nature.
As for me, I copied anime styles and did fan art. It informally trained me in anatomy because most anime more or less logical with bodily proportions.

But I agree: practice makes perfect. If there's an artist out there who wants improve, they should invest some time to practice their craft. It is their choice and their pace though, haha.
whoa! aren't you supposed to bitch about gay rights anymore?
Okay, didn't click at the links. :shrug:
I'll post some

:iconyeahplz: I'm totally whoring my art...on an art-whore's page.
Attention whore. A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N W-H-O-R-E.
So you actually think you can draw?
There should be a show on TV called that. There's "So you think you can dance?"
Haha yes. I would watch the hell outta that if it featured this pompous ass.
And it could have Simon Cowell as a judge!
Does anyone else think the OP is talking about himself here?
He definitely is. Look at his gallery.
I think your biggest pet peeve is when people call you on something, or gives you an intelligent argument you can't top so you have to block them.

Btw your trolling is getting lazy. You're just repeating yourself. If you're gonna troll this often, at least put some effort into it.
He just did this to me, it was honestly kind of fun getting him all fuming. His last few comments before he blocked me devolved into unpunctuated gangsta-speak after he accused me of being mad at him for being black.
Yes, after several times of pointing out his "typos" and misteps he's finally blocked me :lol:
The little child hypocrite has finally bawwwwwwlocked you?

Fucking hilarious. :lol:
When this thread gets full of too many negative responses he'll just come back with more quasi-complaints in another thread XD