Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 462

I know I complain a lot but my BIGGEST art related pet peve is...

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
..."artists" that cant draw decently. That is like the fundamental aspect of art. Not even talking about knowing anatomy and such , but instead just seeing and copying what you see. I just started drawing again and it isn't that hard. I think people should draw daily to work on proportions etc. I am not the best at drawing but i know how to make marks.

[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My biggest pet peeve right now is artists making threads on complaints to rub it in everyone's faces.
:icongabbyevans:
gabbyevans Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
My art is very flawed. I'm still a student trying to get the most out of the basics as I can.

Also, theres also alot of people on here who are just doodling for fun, & aren't really serious about a career in art.
:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
i am not even decent at drawing so i am partly talking about myself

:iconlady-warrior:
lady-warrior Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Yeah. The left arm looks deformed and the upper body is much bigger than the lower body.
:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist
Erm, it's okay to cringe when you see art you don't like. But for the benefit of everyone (I mean, it is your opinion) keep it to yourself. I mean, even when you see art that you believe shouldn't be here at all for being your definition of unsightly, even when you see art that is so obviously bad you claw your eyes out, take a deep breath and don't comment on their work :) As much as you WANT to tell them how to improve, you don't know these people and maybe they weren't even asking for comments (I'm extra careful about that now). Maybe these are users who just want a place to upload their works (just for that purpose and not really interacting with the community other than to view other works and submit more works).

And, I think you shouldn't talk so ill of people who copy what they see. Heck, that's how the visual arts began. People copied from nature.
As for me, I copied anime styles and did fan art. It informally trained me in anatomy because most anime more or less logical with bodily proportions.

But I agree: practice makes perfect. If there's an artist out there who wants improve, they should invest some time to practice their craft. It is their choice and their pace though, haha.
:iconthecures:
TheCures Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
whoa! aren't you supposed to bitch about gay rights anymore?
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Okay, didn't click at the links. :shrug:
:iconlove-3n:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
I'll post some

:iconlove-3n:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconyeahplz: I'm totally whoring my art...on an art-whore's page.
Add a Comment: