My piercings got infected!

I'd had the stupid things for three months, and they kept getting mildly infected, and always were fixed after I used some soap and hot water for a few days. This time though, it isn't going away. And I've got a ball of something in my ear, I can feel it when I touch the ear it's in, it's not normal, because it's not in the other ear.
And this sucks, because it hurts to have my earrings in, so I took them out, it hurts to lay down on that side, because that ear that's badly infected gets pushed on.
:icontableflipplz:
This is the third freaking time my ears have gotten infected, and I was wearing good earrings too.:grump:
Comments207
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have the same problem, well with the thing IN the ear. Mine is because I got them pierced crooked, was that maybe it? If not, go to your doctor or back to the piercer about it?
Doctor put me on some antiboitics. :3
Good, is it getting better?
Not yet, I don't have them, because my mom's not going anywhere today, so just like always, I'm forced to not get medication I need until it's convenient for HER. But I start them probably day after tomorrow. :stare: God I hate not being able to drive.
Ah, I know how that is. Believe me aha. I have being not able to drive, too. Just...trapped!
If there was a magic cure to CP/Autism I'd take it. Cuz currently I'm just SOL and have two different disorders that fuck with my motor skills. Making driving nearly impossible.
:c Aww. I don't have any disorders that make it so I can't drive, luckily. But hopefully you'll get your meds soon.
View all replies
Owie. That must hurt.
1. talk to your piercer
2. make sure you're washing your piercing area and jewelery before you put it in and from time to time while it's in (I'm a germ freak, but I washed all my piercings once a week just to keep them clean, bacteria and germs can get in them even while they're in)
3. if it's not healing completely it could be because you're tearing it before it heals causing pretty much a continuous open wound.
4. make sure you're using good jewelery. sterling silver, gold (for most people), etc. Not nickle, I don't know why but a lot of people have a problem with nickle.
Wal-mart brand. So probably shit. I saw my doctor though, and I start anti-biotics tomorrow :dummy: Woo! I should make wal-mart pay for them.
Have you tried cleaning your ears and earring more often? I have five piercings in my ears (two on on ear, two and one cartilage on the other) so I've dealt with my fair share of infections. I keep around that bottle of liquid they give you when you first get your ears pierced to clean them every now and then, and I also use bacitracin zinc ointment when putting a different pair of earrings in. You just dip the post in before putting it in. It works well.
Yup. After the first time they got badly infected I started cleaning them ever day. No good.
Huh, that sucks. I've had my ears badly infected, but I was always able to get rid of it quickly. Everyone has different ears though, so maybe yours are more sensitive than most.
:nod: Yup. I don't really care for earrings anyway, so it's not that big a deal that I can't wear them.
I sometimes get those little bumps in my ears. I got mine pierced almost 21 years ago. It almost always happens when I put cheap earrings in my ears for long periods of time.
<_< Like say...... wal-mart earrings? XD
Basically.

I do recommend purchasing gold (or at least gold plated) earrings if you want to keep them in your ears all the time. They seem to be the most hypoallergenic. Or perhaps even stainless steel.
:3 I'll make sure to remember that when I can afford earrings again. Right now, I'm moving in a year, so money is pretty tight.
Try gold earrings or earrings for sensitive ears, they're less likely to infect
I'll remember that. Right now, I can't afford anything like that, so they're going to end up closing up again, but :shrug: at least now I know what to do next time I get them pierced.
That really sucks :<
Yup. ;-; I got antibiotics from my doctor though now, so it should get better soon. :3
I hope so! the infections can get really nasty D: