Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 93

Broken ASUS Laptop

:iconkmnfive:
kmnfive Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
i'm careful when i buy things. it goes for anything i spend my money on. i do my research. anyways. yesterday morning i turn my asus laptop on, i get a blue screen. no worries i thought, bad windows partition, i boot into ubuntu, freezes. try to reinstall, i get a seg-fault.

apparently the intel series 6 is known to have a design flaw.

i called asus, their CSR people are indian and i can't understand them. anyways, i take it back to best buy, and they ship it to asus, hopefully they're replace it.

have of you have an asus laptop?

this is driving me nuts. my dell that i've had since college (it's eight years old now) still works. my 11 year old pentium 4 still works, with an abit motherboard.

i'm never buying asus again.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhtblack:
HtBlack Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
ASUS are amazing machines, you must have been unlucky. I only trust that brand, and it will be the next one I get once this HP I got super-cheap dies on me.
:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
You mean broken ANUS laptop. :B
kmnfive Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
hmmpf.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Nor would I buy a computer who outsources it's tech help to fucking India or anyplace where you can't understand the tech's mouth full of marbles replies.
who doesn't outsource to india these days
:icon1sidedownand2up:
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Almost any brand from Taiwan is great. Coming from a family of ASUS and Acer users I should know. My old core 2 duo acer laptop outlasted a friend's more expensive HP laptop and even the rich idiot I put up with who spent way too much on pens had his macbook pro die in the meantime. Still ran photoshop fine and lasted until a design flaw killed it.

There's been nothing wrong with the ASUS laptops though, save for how the Eee pc can't join the wireless and needs a ethernet cable for some reason.
what design flaw killed it?
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The fact that the model (a asprire 7720G) had slight overheating issues, The solder keeping the GPU in place melted and at first I thought it was taking longer than normal to start. 3 days after that issue I got POST error beeps and it died on 28.08.12.
how long did you have it for? that's horrible. what kinda GPU was it?
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think I had the laptop for 4 or 5 years approximately. I was informed of the flaw midway though the life of it by someone I knew. It had a Nvida Geforece 9300m (I think it was that the model of it) dedicated graphics card that had 256 MB of video RAM. Which was a lot at the time it was new.
Add a Comment: