Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 285

Come at me girls!

:iconcorvalian:
Dudes don't get enough appreciation for making shit happen. All the time I hear people say shit like "love will find you" or "love just happens when you least expect it." The funny thing is, it's always women who say this! Why? Because these things DO just happen to you. You just have to sit there and look pretty, and sure enough some douche who wants in your pants will come talk to you. It could be when you're at the library, at a bar, out to lunch, on a train, in the park, virtually anywhere. It's going to 'surprise' you because 90% of the places you go aren't specifically FOR hooking up, but dudes don't care about that.

"Blah blah blah, something about asking someone out isn't love yet." Yea well, that's where it usually has to start, and dudes sure as hell can't just expect it to happen naturally.

Then there's other shit too like how dudes have to do all the manual labor and fill combat rolls in the military. Then we got Hillary Clinton up in our grill bitching about how women have it harder because they have to stay home while the guys go die in the war. No you fucking don't, dudes watch their friends die, in person, during the fighting. They have to kill or be killed. They have to dig the trenches, be away from the luxuries of home, etc. etc. Fine, you guys have it hard too, but you can't tell me that you're the "real victims of war." Fuck you Hillary! You used to be cool!

ITT: Dude who's going to get tons of shit for ranting about ungrateful bitches. Mad incoming. I ain't even mad though... or I'm always mad, one of the two. You guys know me, or at least you used to before I changed my name.

TL;DR: Ungrateful bitches be insisting they have it worse than we do.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcecelia9:
Cecelia9 Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I do agree with you on the first part. This is mostly due to social standards- the guy asking the girl out, asking for her hand in marriage, asking her to prom, etc. These things are just socially accepted, and are considered the norm [although, the other way around can happen, don't get me wrong]. The only time I've seen love happen is when the two are friends or have known each other, and then become a couple. I think it's rare for a woman to fall in love with a guy that randomly starts creeping [I speak from experience, makes me want to push guys away because creeping = no thanks].

Now the part I disagree with you on is when you say: Then there's other shit too like how dudes have to do all the manual labor and fill combat rolls in the military. Then we got Hillary Clinton up in our grill bitching about how women have it harder because they have to stay home while the guys go die in the war. No you fucking don't, dudes watch their friends die, in person, during the fighting. They have to kill or be killed. They have to dig the trenches, be away from the luxuries of home, etc. etc. Fine, you guys have it hard too, but you can't tell me that you're the "real victims of war." Fuck you Hillary! You used to be cool!

By saying this you are completely disregarding all service women. It's not just men who serve you know, women do too. I'm not saying this to be "feminist" Hilary gives women a horrible name... I just can't even. , I am saying this because I feel it wrong to discredit female troops. In fact, I myself even plan on enlisting in the USA infantry or USAF to be a fighter pilot/bomber. Incase you didn't know, there used to be [i'm not sure if they are still in place or being revoked] LAWS PREVENTING women from having a 'front-line' job, and we currently can not become paratroopers. There is no reason for this to be in place because everyone goes through vigorous training equally, and whether it be man or woman who can't take it, they will be discharged [the women out there who are fully qualified should have every right to a front-line infantry job granted proper training is given]. However, if you say this in regard to "military wives/ girlfriends" I can agree with you but only in part. It is emotionally and physically difficult for both the man and the woman in the relationship [especially if it is a married man/woman leaving behind a family/kids to be deployed]. Having a father who is a USN veteran I have read his letters to my mother and can understand the hardships both have went through. The woman/man needs to be appreciative of his/her service, and the man/woman needs to be appreciative of her/his love and support.

Tl;dr: both men and women can be ungrateful bitches.
:iconaedyrithe:
Aedyrithe Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oops. I didn't mean to end like that. But yeah. They say women have it harder because of everything I just said. So just consider it. Kay?
I didn't write the post to say men or women have it harder/easier, but just to complain about the two specific issues I mentioned.
Aedyrithe Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I understand your argument completely(This is just for the relationship thing. I'll get to the other part next). But I do have to disagree with it. I have been in MANY, MANY relationships before. And the only one in which the guy initiated is the one I am currently in. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but, you do need to understand that the society in which we live in, privileged children are raised to believe that boys have to do all of the things you just explained, and that girls are to just sit there and "look pretty". Many girls(including myself), however, were raised to be more dominant and to not let people do simple things for them. (i.e. open the door, pick things up, or, to the more complicated in your situation, confessing attractions/ initiating relationships.) But there is also the question of dominance. Usually the dominant one in the relationship is the one that initiates it. And don't get dominance and manliness confused. How dominant someone is does not always determine how masculine someone is. If you don't want to be very dominant in a relationship, don't initiate it. But If you do, and you live around privileged people, you may just have to initiate it.

Now, onto the labor thing. Something that you should understand is that ever since the beginnings of civilization, women weren't even allowed to work. They were sent into the house and told by their dominant husbands to do "women things". Yes, Africa is an exception, but not by much. In addition, in Medieval times, women who worked or who were openly smart were called witches and killed, so that didn't help either. Up until the Industrial Revolution, women weren't even allowed to have decent jobs. And keep in mind that there's always been discrimination against them, and there has always been a standard for women to be gentle and weak. Actually, the only point in time where women had somewhat decent jobs was during World War II, and still we weren't even allowed to fight in war. It wasn't until May of 2012 when women were allowed to fight in open combat.

One of the reasons why people say women have it harder when their men are at war is that women's brains are set differently, therefore making women extremely emotionally unstable in very stressful situations (their loved-ones being at war). Another reason why is that many women who have husbands who go into war also have children. You may say "well, children aren't as bad as being at war.", but that's not what I had in mind. Consider this: A woman has a lovely husband and children. The man gets drafted into war. The idea alone of her husband going into war makes her stressed and unstable. Then the fact that her children may have to be raised without a father will also crush her. She may try to act optimistic, but on the inside, she thinks he might as well just die then. y6;'[/p/
I liked your first paragraph, you made some good points, and that was the issue I mainly made this thread for. The war thing is less important because it's mostly just one woman's opinion.

Now, onto the rest of your post. I'm well aware of past (and even current) discrimination against women (dumbass GOP) and I also didn't mean that women at home have it easy when their husbands/boyfriends go off to war. I'm sure it sucks, but I mainly take issue with Clinton's statement because it implies that women have it worse than the men who go off to war. As both parties have difficulty, I believe without a doubt that men have it harder in these situations, especially if they return with PTSD.
Aedyrithe Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ohhh....

I think I may have interpreted this the wrong way then. You are right about the PSTD. I can't argue with it. I didn't mean for my comment to sound all like "YOU'RE WRONG AND BLAH BLAH AND I HATE YOUR POINTS AND BLAH BLAH ASSHOLE!", but... for some reason, everything I usually say comes out like that. I hope this is more mellow that before. ^^ But now that I think about it, this was posted in the complaints forum, and not the misogyny forum. And again, I really misinterpreted your post. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY MISINTERPRETATION. Gahhh!

Oh yeah. Sorry for the late reply. I've just been having so much work and not enough time to reply.
Actually I thought your reply was pretty level-headed. :P

Wait a second, there's a misogyny forum around here?
Aedyrithe Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well thank you. ^^ *Takes a few bows*

Nope. There's no misogyny forum here. There might be a thread on the hatred of teenybopper girls, though.
Well that's a given.
Aedyrithe Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's so true.
Add a Comment: