Link

Statistics

Replies: 117

All I want to do is have some fun

:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
. . . playing The Sims 3.

But no. I just can't have that, can I?

I've tried fucking everything to fix my game and nothing works. Removed custom content? Check. Tried replacing the meta files in the Saves folder? Check. Deleted the cache? Check.

This is the second time I've remade this neighborhood from scratch (I delete most of the buildings including all houses with EA Sims families in them). I prefer neighborhoods that have been actually made completely by me.The few exceptions are job buildings. Some of them, anyways. This makes it the second time I've lost this content. I do not want to have to go and redesign the same neighborhood for the third time!

Luckily I have a few of my custom made buildings saved in the community lot bin . . . The new neighborhood was even saved using "save as" as suggested to avoid file corruption. Nope. Nope. Nope. The files just simply will not load! The loading screen comes up, the green bar gets to around 15 - 20% and then the music stops and the game will just sit there like that for as long as I let it.

I even tried checking to see if it was the neighborhood itself that was causing these problems. I created a new save game of the same neighborhood, derpderp.sims3, except with all EA content (it's the Monte Vista special download one). Loaded up a random family, saved it, quit, started the game up again and it loaded just peachy. What the fuck?

I just spent 6 hours playing today. I love my witch character. :heart: She just mastered the alchemy skill and learned so many new delightful recipes. Why, why, why--why is it that every time I make advancements with this particular sim family in this neighborhood that I won't be able to load my game later? I play my sims. I save using "save as". I quit for a bit. Come back later. Game refuses to load, as described above. What is wrong here? NOTHING! Nothing has changed!

I posted this in Complaints and not tech support because I fucking give up. I don't think there's any way to fix this. :crying:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpsychogizmo:
psychogizmo Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Read a book.
:iconshantella:
Shantella Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm more frustrated with the glitch that doesn't allow me to use the telescope. (I have all the EP's except Supernatural)
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Writer
That sounds annoying. :ohnoes:
Shantella Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, they'll go up to it like they're going to use it, then the action automatically stops and my sim will just be standing next to it.
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Writer
Ugh. I hate it when that happens! That happened with my alchemy station, but I fixed it by deleting the object and buying my sims a new one right after loading the save file.
Shantella Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
And Seasons, I don't have that one either.
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I get particularly pissed because of the issues with custom content. For that reason alone is why I like The Sims 2 so much. Its kind of like a good middle ground for me.

Anyway, I did what `bohobella said. I deleted all the files in my Documents after uninstalling the game, re-installed it and now I don't have any issues.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I've never played Sims. I'm afraid to play it because I don't want to like it and get addicted to it. :B
:iconactsofart:
ActsofArt Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
that's too bad. I remember how fun the Sims could be. Too bad I don't own it anymore.
:iconwhitedarkdragon2:
WhiteDarkDragon2 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Fuck, don't we have a hell of a time. Can never have a smooth running day.
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Photographer
Maybe the witch character cursed the game :iconwoooplz:
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I delete every single file that isn't a folder in my Sims 3 Documents directory. Like, in My Documents/The Sims 3. All the caches, but ESPECIALLY any xcpt files. Those fuck shit up bad.

I've just spent the last two weeks designing a neighborhood from scratch too. Not even done. I can't even imagine your pain. :noes:

Did you build the worlds yourself too, or just the neighborhood? If you want you can send me your neighborhood and I can test it on my computer. I play with a Mac, and our game issues tend to be worlds apart from the PC world so who knows.

It only won't load this neighborhood when you play with the witch, or anyone in the town?

You can harass EA, I did recently - although their help is notoriously a piece of shit and I did just get copy pasta about custom content despite specifying there was none installed. They're especially bad with Mac inquiries though, so it may be worth a shot. Otherwise I hope you've googled the hell out of this already, I can't tell you how valuable that's been to me because EA can't make a working videogame to save their lives.
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh man that most be annoying
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
I am so frustrated.
Oh I hate being frustrated
Doesn't everyone?
Yes everyone does
:iconrockygems:
RockyGems Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
Backup your save files and reinstall it. That should work.
I think I will have to try this.
:iconrockygems:
RockyGems Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
If it doesn't work, try putting each savefile back one by one. There might be a corrupted one.
Erm, what? I only have one save that doesn't work, and it's the one I care about.
:iconsilverfangotaku:
SilverFangOtaku Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I have the sudden urge to play Spore.
Play it. You know it'll feel good.
:iconawesomeizzy:
awesomeizzy Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't played Sims for so long. :noes:
Go and play! Then tell me the stories of your sims.
I don't own it. I played it a lot with my friends, and I remember when we spammed the room with lights, then in deleting all of them deleted the child. :lol:
:lol:

Move objects cheat code, huh?
I think the only cheat code we used back then was to give us as much money as we wanted. :lol:

We just hit the delete button and bam! The kid was gone! :lol:
You can't delete sims unless the move objects cheat is on. :bucktooth:
awesomeizzy Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have no idea. It was years ago. The Sim was there one minute and gone the next. :lol:
Heh, interesting. :lol:
(1 Reply)
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know the feel bro. :iconthatfeelplz:

I guess I'm lucky enough mine loads, but it fucking HATES create a sim. And I'm a fickle player, I don't care about advancing my Sims as much as I do constantly tweaking their looks and re-designing all the NPC sims. But it loves to bug the fuck out and plain crash half way through it, sick of having to save Sims 10 times over before they get finished. It's been happening since a recent patch, a newer one didn't fix it and EA probably wouldn't give a shit anyway, they already got their money from me. :stare:
EA never gives a shit about their Sims glitches or players.

Besides that, I hear that their tech people/coders/whatever you call them have to work a 90 hour work week. The stress level of their coders must be insane, not to mention the lack of sleep. I've heard other companies will refuse to hire you if you worked for EA just because of how much of a mess you are when you come out.
:iconkerzv:
kerzv Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013   General Artist
Your complaint's title keeps putting a song in my head. :O.
Then it worked. :)
:iconirononiji:
iroNoNiji Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Fresh install? Usually helps with Sims 3. Have you got any kind of mod framework installed?
I only have one mod, it adds the Mods folder and deletes the intro. It allows me to use the "custom content" I have downloaded. (Which is everything from the Sims 3 website store.)
omfg get awesomemod as soon as you can work your game again, it's sims on steroids.

I can't play without it now, however, which makes waiting for it to update with each expansion pack upgrade excruciating.
What does it do?
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
It does EVERYTHING. Here I will fetch a link for you.

It's hard to summarize. I use the custom-set awesome mod configuration, and I would suggest you do too as it's pretty awesome on it's own but I like to take it to the next level, and there's some settings I like to de-select and others I prefer to enable.

To summarize, it fixes story mode, makes a better name generation, adds more detailed stats of all items, etc. With the configuration tool you can use it to remove sparkles, show naked sims, increase the max family size, make NPCS change out of their work clothes when not at work, make households that aren't active stop aging/pay bills/eligible for promotions at work/earn lifetime rewards, stop them from constantly reading Raymundo, more precise times for moodlets, can stop recipe books from disappearing once read, smarter chair-finding, "wire house with speakers" no longer in bedrooms, grow plants on any lot, sim-written books sold at bookstore, keep marriage lines on family trees...

Seriously the list is huge, I just picked random favorites of mine, I have no idea what is more your style but if you browse the config page you'll see everything it can do. You need to save both awesome.package and the one generated by the configuration page together with all your other package files. Only rule is it's the only major mod of it's kind that can be installed at a time, although a no-CD or no-intro mod is not major and will work fine with it.

[link]
stop them from constantly reading Raymundo

IT CAN DO THAT?

Shit. I want this. Thank you for the link. :meow:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I know, right? That alone is amaaaaazing. Fuck Raymundo.
I hate Raymundo so much. So very, very much.

They even reread that shit.

Sometimes I delete every copy of it from every bookcase in the house.
(1 Reply)
Then it might be the framework. Did you backup resource.cfg? I think that's the latest way to install the framework. If yes, restore it, might help.
resource.cfg is still in the folder. I didn't know I had to back it up. :ohnoes:

So, no, I did not.
Then maybe, you didn't haven't been playing for months. When I last crashed, that was what I did though.
Nope. I just got the game recently, and when I installed it, I installed it with every expansion plus a couple stuff packs (all legit, bought and paid for copies).
Did you update your game in between each expansion pack you installed? Installing everything in one go and then updating fucked up my game real bad. Honestly? Every time I take a two month pause on playing the Sims for school, when I get back they've done SOMETHING and I have to do a fresh install. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

This is my first time in the Sims series that I bought the base game and EPs rather than pirating. Never again, EA. Cracked copies work better.
Then you probably don't even have a proper mod framework installed. Oh well, in that case, I can't help either.
I probably don't. I only installed that one thing because I wanted my download to work.
Add a Comment: