"Sure, my kid might die, but I really want some grandbabies!"

So some woman is refusing radiotherapy treatment for her 7 year old son on the basis that it might damage his DNA and deny her the precious, precious future grandchildren.

The kid has cancer and 3 months to live without the treatment, but screw all that! What if it makes him infertile?! What then? Who's babies will she play with years from now?

'Asked why she opposed radiotherapy, she replied: “Just damaging the DNA, altering it and him never recovering from that. His growth. Infertile. [Having] no grandchildren is a big factor.'

Thankfully the court was all, "Bitch you are crazy. STFU please and take your ass out of here." and the kid is going to get his treatment.

'Mrs Roberts, originally from Auckland, New Zealand, claimed other “alternative” treatments were not being allowed to “come to the surface” because laws preventing them from being considered.'

To which the medical professionals replied, "Maybe stop doing all your research on the internet, kthnxplz."

Jesus fucking Christ.

If all the medical professionals are all, "YOUR KID WILL DIE WITHOUT THIS." then MAYBE LISTEN TO THEM. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE TRYING SOME HIPPIE NEW AGE SHIT YOU ASS.

Here's the article: [link]
Comments128
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
if she wants grandkids that bad, she could always MAKE MORE KIDS.
I must say, this lady is beyond fucked up.
I would never risk the life of my child, just because I want grandkids in the future!! Besides, didn't the article say she had two children? If that's the case, what the fuck is the problem?!
I think she needs to step down from her little pink cloud and be realistic. Because unless her son doesn't get this treatment, he will DIE!! If he dies, he can't have kids! At all! Is that better?! I don't think so. Does she really think that not getting the treatment and he dies is better than if he gets the treatment and it might be making him infertile? Honestly, there is something called adoption! He can always adopt! And ta-daah: she has a grandchild! Problem solved. :)
Fucking crazy bitch! Damn!
hahaha her kid is called neon
Ugh parents like that really do my head in. A lot of these 'new age' mothers aren't even getting the their babies injections against live threatening illnesses because of all this hippy DIY tack hence the return of the whooping cough.

If your child is seriously ill, you would do anything to make them better again. You would even take it and have the illness for them if you could. I know I would. But refusing treatment for you child because it will risk the chances of him not being able to have children. That's just pure stupidity. It might not even affect him! If it does, he could still adopt.

Sometimes these new age mothers need a good kicking up the back side to wake them up.
Also, the insane bullshit about vaccines causing autism. Sheesh.
Don't you just want to bang their heads together?
I want to punch her so bad right now :stare: At least the kid will get treatment. Hopefully he gets better soon.
I swear, the whole alternative medicine bullshit is just... WAT? If science hasn't determined it to work, then of COURSE most doctors won't recommend it! People just keep believing that if they can find something "less harmful", it should work just as fine, even though it's hardly helpful as well.
As far as the grandchildren bit, being that her kid is ONLY 7, that's not even a possibility in the near future, with or without treatment. Plus, what if it turned out after all that time, he didn't want to have kids? Why are they so concerned about having grandchildren, they have their own kids! Oh wait, but they don't want teh responsibilitiez again, so they'll just steal away their direct descendants' kids! Why not their nephews or something?
Lady, it's called have another kid.
I think he should grow up and adopt a few kids, but not let her ever see them.
What is this I don't even :stare:
At least the legal system didn't fuck up this time.
I tend to use a phrase for people like this... Me no like
...Jesus, where's ma beatin' stick?
I guess by her logic, this also means that her son adopting a child in the future is out of the question.

A friend of mine has ALS, which as of today has no treatment that can cure it. At least with cancer we have ways to stop it. This woman should be grateful that her son's life could be saved.
Ah, you saw that idiot too. I hope the kid lives, and grows up to decide to have a vasectomy. Big middle finger up in her face.
Ultimate irony! :la:
Exactly. It would be beautiful. :lol:
good for the court.

radiotherapy is targed. if the DNA is changed in somatic(body cells as opposed to gamets or sex cells) the mutation is not carried on to the next generation.

brain cells are somatic cells.

plus there are enzymes for repairing and maintaining DNA. if those are inactive in an area that the beam hits, then it's a good thing that those cells get killed off.

but seriously, lady get the treatment for your son and be glad if he's alive after. cancer(or even benign tumors) are not something to play around with.