Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

Nerd Love verses Shallowness

:iconkainchild:
Kainchild Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I recently was watching a show called nerd love and couldn't help but noticed the various reactions in the comment section.

I just don't understand why it so important for someone to be attractive in order to get a mate. Isn't love suppose to be about the person and not their appearance?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I need something to attract me to a person for me to want to be with them. It doesn't have to be their looks necessarily. It could be how nice they are, or that they are extremely talented.
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
My boyfriend is such an immense and huggable sweetheart I could care less what he looks like (he's not too shabby, though :dummy: )

Certainly things wouldn't be the way they were if he wasn't as good-looking as me :iconsnobplz:
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
It is only shallow when you base peoples worth on their looks.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
well from what I know, it isn't just physical attraction. You can be attracted to a person's personality, at least that's how its been for me.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
"Attraction" can encompass many things including appearance, personality etc. So yes, you need to be attractive in some way, not necessarily physically but you need SOMETHING that makes someone go "hey I like this person".
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Filmographer
Love is about the person and not their appearance. Attraction brings looks into play. What sort of a relationship do you expect people to have if their other half thinks they look ugly as sin?
:iconnarwalmilk:
Narwalmilk Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I know what you mean.
I fell in love with my partner first, and then started noticing how I found him attractive.
:iconxjessie-chan:
xJessie-chan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I heard of that, even though dating someone just for their physical appearance I admit I couldn't date someone I wasn't physically attracted to though their personality is very much important to me, true beauty is on the inside and physical beauty is a mask. :/
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student Filmographer
I wouldn't want to date someone I wasn't physically attracted to. :lol: Likewise, I wouldn't want to date someone who had a shitty personality.
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ugly people need lovin' too :pat:
Add a Comment: