Well, My Town Turned To Total Tit Today.

I live in a tiny town in the San Diego area. Very small town, middle of nowhere. Took us years and years just to be noticed by Southern CA wildfires (fucking 2007). The most trouble we have are the occasional vato gang-related petty crimes (it is So-Cal). Let's take a look at today, though.

One (non-lethal) shooting of a man, shooter is still at large.

One lethal car crash where the driver died after running into an apartment complex building (my brother lives in this complex) that's just up the road from me.

One dead body found in the supermarket parking lot that is one minute's walk from my front door. Body was stuffed into a sleeping bag in a SUV.

One day. All this in one day. If this were LA, hey, just another day at the office (...did I just turn into Harry Canyon?), but this is a small town in the middle of Bumble-fuck NOWHERE.

...Yeah, I'm not gonna go out for my walking exercises until the next school semester starts. And I'll probably do most of my walking on campus. I'll stay far from home, thank you.

Anti-Complaint: It's a good thing Steam had such a kick-ass Winter Sale, because I ain't goin' outside any time soon! I'm just gonna play Witcher games and Serious Sam and such.

TL;DR: [link]

Yeah, I never learn. Even when it literally hits too close to home.

:iconevilhomerplz:
Comments90
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You think nowhere California is bad. Come out here to nowhere Nevada then you'll see shit happen.
Board up your windows and doors and surround your house with a 100 feet high titanium fence.
I'm enjoying the song you linked way too much.
Yeah, that guy's fun.

Especially when you're evil!
This is the reason why other countries don't understand your overly permissive gun laws. Just saying. I'm sure I will get set upon by the angry wolves of the US constitution now.
Perhaps a gang has entered your area..
has entered?

This is Southern California. Gangs come with areas like complimentary peanuts.
It's always unnerving when murder hits close to home.
Wow, only thing that happens here in my Irish town of 4,000 people is some blokes came up from Tipperary and tried to break into one of the phone shops and then chased the coppers with small hand axes. Which is pretty amusing since they would never run after an ice cream truck. =S

If there is a game sale on, it is obligatory stock up on food, shut yourself in and play games. :dummy:
It's always the quiet ones, you know... :paranoid:
I live in the middle of no where too. I feel your pain.

Our hospitals and medical care are shit. To receive decent medical treatment I must drive a hour to Valencia. :grump:
Sounds...unpleasant. Not too bad, but unpleasant.

then again, I apparently live in one of the most dangerous cities in the US, and hearing gunshots is normal and finding dead bodies isn't even on the news much anymore. :I
Good thing you're not black, that means you won't die first! Better hope you're a virgin!
That's the sad part about most horror movies. If there a black person in it, they have to die first.
I think that was changed to the woman dying first or something...
What's really sad is that the old Night of the Living Dead with a black actor is more progressive than 'modern' horror movies in that the black dude is one of the heroes who survives almost to the end of the movie. Which, for the time it was made, was a pretty big deal, considering that was when black people had a hard time getting roles in general, let alone leads.
Unless they're Asian or Hispanic. They usually die before (though rare in horrors). :laughing:
I know! Why don't you kill the other minorites first?
The week I started working at our local zoo they found a chopped up body of a pregnant woman in the trash there