Honey Boo Boo....

It's stupid! Why should this seven-year-old girl be oversexualized and practically tortured just for her obese whale of a mother to live her life through her daughter? Why can't TV be good again? :iconstareexplodeplz:
Comments138
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
solution: off switch.
Even better solution: Change the channel.
Even better solution: Change the channel.
I hate these kind of tv shows Some parents, :iconangryplz:
Because circus freakshows aren't legal anymore. 
Never watched the show (and haven't watched television for years now) but I saw this article floating around: [link]

At least they're better than most reality television one hit wonders.
I normally hate American TV bullshit, but I actually love Honey Boo Boo. Her mother isn't living through her, she's just allowing the kid to do what she wants. She has trust funds set up for all of her kids and her granddaughter, which they can't touch until their 21, except for college or medical emergencies.

They spend very little of what they earn on luxuries. Their biggest spend was on a car, which was used
Any spending they do comes from her husband's wages. She knows that this life won't last forever, and she doesn't want her family to start living above their means.

They also do fundraising and donations to charities in their area, especially children's charities. Honey Boo Boo raised over $16,000 to buy toys and presents for disadvantaged kids.

They love each other unconditionally, they are much smarter with money than the majority of "reality stars" and they have got a pretty good outlook on life. They don't deserve the hate they're getting.
Well, yeah, but I just find the idea of pageant kids in general a bad one.
I agree. It's a bit weird.
Oh so do I. But the thing with their family is there's no forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to.
I realize that.

I just don't like it.
American TV is... Strange.
Thus is why I stick to only channels I know won't show that bullshit
Only good thing to come from this was Christopher Walken during a dramatic reading of an episode transcript. I swear, Walken can make ANYTHING awesome.
Sometimes, this makes me wish Reality TV never caught on. Then again, we wouldn't have mythbusters, or pawn stars... so yeah.

but since I've become a whovian a bit, meh.
South Park already made fun of Honey Boo Boo, but I agree its pathetic of whats considered entertainment these days.
In case it escaped you there are many shows like that - beauty shows for very young girls and dance competitions for the same. The mothers fight more among themselves than a married couple.
This is why you don't watch television.
Saves you a lot of brain cells.
Honey Boo Boo is my inspiration in life. The total confidence, endless drive to win and succeed above all else, compassion for pigs, tolerance of alternative sexualities, and precocious quips that in no way sound scripted give me hope to go on. Redneckogize this! TV sucked for a long time before Honey Boo Boo, but now the shitpile has been redeemed. And Boo Boo is at the top of the heap. All hail our TLC overlords and the brave new world they have revealed to us.
It's because there are people like this [link] who actually exist! :iconmingplz:
TV is trashed for the most part with reality shows. And honestly, I don't get why these parents complain about pedophiles, they are the ones showing their hormone-charged children off on TV!
This is why I switched to BBC years ago...I don't expect Benedict Cumberbatch or Matt Smith saying "A DOLLAH MAKE ME HOLLAH HONEY BOO BOO."