I'm beginning to see this place has turned into some kind of high school popularity contest.

This website used too be so fun and cool. I guess it has always been the way it has been really but the things have changed for me on this website. But anyway people here are like "Oh stop drawing things you like" or beating dead horse threads like "Oh I wish people would stop drawing anime and shit." Okay first of all this is Deviant Art. We draw cartoon animals,fan art, and shit. That's mandatory. QUIT complaining about this stuff. Yes I know its shallow and redundant but if you want to go to a real SERIOUS art website go to ConceptArt.com. Second of all, I just come here for fun. I don't come here so I can be a fancy ass all the time and faving the artistic nudes and fancy painting of bowls of fruit. So I don't know why people care so much about what I want. And lastly, this website contains mostly young teens.

So I am getting a little off topic here on the title. Well that parts fairly brief. Its like a high school here, there is clicks like the nerds and jocks. But instead you have emos,weaboos,furfags, fantards,bronys, and shallow 16 year old girls. Quit using labels

Well anyway tl;dr, I just want people to mind they're own dang business and stop being so conclusive. I am just trying to enjoy this website.

Anti-complaint- Its a new year.
Comments109
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would say the entire internet is one big popularity contest.
Yeah, I wanna be popular. But, I don't want to have the interests of a pretentious old woman.
popularity is overrated, just be yourself.
I know, hey you sound like a sitcom.
View all replies
That's what you get for diving into the forums in the first place, dumbass. Also, of course this place is like a high school. High schools tend to have teenagers in them.
In my experience that's all it's ever been.
deviantART hasn't really changed since I joined in '05. :lol: Just the web design and features.
Yeaaaah. I've been here for 6 years and none of what you said is anything new. It's always been like that, dude.
Its just my realization.
Been like that when the site was created.
Its been like this since ED and the whole internet was made.
And that was before ED went to shit as well.
Oh man don't get me STARTED.
Well, aren't you suppose to finding women to have fun with, my dear?