Sometimes, in the dead of night...

...I'll be working on a new Horn Lake concept, perhaps planning for some new monstrously sized painting. You know, being professional, awesome, and preparative for the coming spring fleet of HL paintings. Because, you know, that's how I roll...and then maybe I'll doodle a little something on the side...

Which then sparks more ambitious sketches...which soon become narrative.

Then things get interesting. Experimentation becomes imminent.

Then suddenly it all becomes entirely too dirty because I am apparently really good at getting bored with myself and drawing dirty shit.

So there I am, looking at a pile of dirty drawings that would undoubtedly serve as blatant shit stains on my spiffy DA rep of classy, weird shit. It's fucking obnoxious because they're genius...but the internets can never see them.

Oh how I wish I had the nerve to post my dirty drawings. :C
Comments29
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have dirty drawings as well, I dont know if I want the internet into that part of my brain. I think every artist has a selection of works that they dont really want seen. But I actually have posted a bunch of things that I would not of a few years back just because fuck it, why not. But my dog does alot of art just wacked right out on entheogens, and some of them are almost downright incriminating hahaha.
This is what your scraps gallery is for; use it! :eager:
But that's what the internet is for! :noes:
There internet's not for posting garbage.
Just do it, ya pussy.
well now we all know you draw them so you might as well post them
What might be the worst thing that would happen if you did post one? :V
I would get a lot of saddened awkward comments from my watchers...:C
Ah, well I suppose I get what you mean. Maybe upload one to the Sta.sh thingy, see how that goes? :v
Run the dirty drawings through a Sonic filter.
Isn't there a Sonic filter in Photoshop? :o
A Sonic filter?! :ohnoes:
Yeah, a filter that turns all artwork into Sonic fanart!

Or is that just me? :ohnoes:
Whaaaaat! Is that what people are using!?
View all replies
There's something to be said for class, but I think it's also true that all that is dirty is an inextricable part of the human experience (or maybe the entire animal kingdom experience), so who can fault you as long as you aren't breaking the sacred rules?
...Didn't you comment on my last thread? Your comments are so whimsical and gorgeous.
I did, and I will take that as high praise. Commenting on things on deviantArt has become a fulfilling hobby in these recent days.
Find a site that solicits dirty drawings and post them there under a different handle. No one needs to know that it's you.
That would feel so wrong. Someone would eventually link it back to me. I has a unique streak :B
*looks at gallery*

You do indeed. You have quite a way with the grotesque. I think, actually, you could justify almost anything you do as fine art.
You're right. I think I'm going to go on a dirty picture splurge.