Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Copyright/Painting Over-More confused than mad...

:iconxephilias:
Xephilias Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Hello. (I'm writing from a secondary account because the one person watched my other account)

A few days ago I submitted a piece of artwork which I had made for a job on the forums [link] (second picture down) [link]. I looked at the previous artist's work to try to figure out what the requester wanted. So mine ended up in the same pose with a similar background.

A little while after I submitted the piece, the original artist requested that I take my work down, while his friend said "you can blatantly see that this was copied". I changed my piece so they would leave me alone (I don't get many views and didn't want people to think I was a thief) and noted the artist, apologizing for the confusion and asking if it was alright now. When I changed it, the only things I changed were the pose and background, although his friend commented on the hidden face also (I believe).

So my question is, with a pose and background so generic and basic, can he actually claim that I copied his work? [link] This is the first time something like this has happened to me and I'm a bit curious about what to do.

I responded to his friend and asked the artist "What about my drawing made you feel that it was illegal?", but I haven't received a response yet.

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Interface Designer
Please contact the Help Desk when you have a question about copyright issues on dA :)

When you need help with dA please see our Need Help? thread as stated in FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums? :) :lock:
:iconjellybean9000:
Jellybean9000 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You're kinda in the wrong spot on that one. :XD:
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
this isn't the helpdesk
Add a Comment: