Sensitive Artists will Never Improve

I've been doing art for 15 years and I can say along the way i have gotten to the point where negative critiques do not phase me. You can call me shit, or bad and I know unless such statements are coming from someone credible that you are just envious because I am the better artist. Even in Art school, I never received negative criticism because I displayed proficiency as an artists. But more than that, when I did receive the few negative criticism that I did my confidence allowed for me to shake it off.

I found that what really helped me become great was that when i was developing I could shake off the negative response that people would at times give me. This lead me to have confidence in my art. If you are sensitive you will never make it as an artist. Grow a backbone. I hate, and i mean I HATE scary people.

I know a lot of you guys criticize my art because you hide behind a computer. But really I can not even keep a straight face when you do so. It is hilarious. Most of you guys reach for every little thing you can. In real life, I most never get negative criticism. At worst people say my subject matter is "out there." When I do receive negative criticism it doesn't phase me because i have the backbone to keep pressing. Be confident in you skill of give up.

Nuff said.

My art:
[link]
Comments685
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sometimes it is hard not to be sensitive about your own work. If you put so much time into something and someone sees the flaws that already make me insecure, I feel uneasy about my own skill as an artist. I do accept criticism, but an artist had to know when the advice/comments a valid. Right now, It feels like you are complaining about yourself. People are offering you valid advice and you are acting like the are personally attacking you, when they are trying to help you improve. Stop making excuses for yourself. Art is subjective, so critique will reflect personal taste. You don't have to use the advice you are given, but to always ignore it is unwise.
THIS

There is a HUGE difference between simply ignoring negative criticism and actually taking criticism to improve yourself.

I wonder if the OP of this thread has actually taken in REAL criticism (whether it comes off as negative or is sugar-coated). :|
Yeah, I doubt it. He is always like this on forums anyways.
Ugh. Yes.
I've seen a couple of his other complaints thread.

I wonder if the trolls who attempt to subdue him are actually giving him attention is enough to keep him making posts.

I mean, I've seen posts with sad ends. They're legit questions or troll-worthy BUT no one or maybe only 2 or 3 have posted on them so they just get locked after a month and die. But this, haha I think what we're doing here is feeding the flame :P

I'll add this as well: I think this guy doesn't filter out publicity into good or bad. As long as he gets attention, he's happy and will proceed to do as he wishes.
I'm not going to judge him for wanting more attention, but his tactics aren't the right way to go about this. If we were to ignore his posts he would probably stop after a few more confrontational posts.
Oh, this guy's a troll. He basically posts just so people will go to his page and see his shitty artwork.
:noes: I fed him attention!

Art-whoring time!!
Dang. This still up? o:

Constructive criticism is good thing. Other people can view differently, and it can be references for improving.
And your art is good - bold brush strokes and colors for your expressionism style. Keep up the good work.

You're art student and professional artist, I assume you understand about art history, art world and art market itself. You can't make all people to accidentally like and appreciate yours - it happens at dA too. For example, even though I know your art genre, it's just not my area so I only look it with 'ok'. Everyone has their own preferences.

I have read your other forum thread, maybe the way you talking was wrong so people flame you. You should ask the one who understand fine art to get constructive criticism here, instead of shoving people with 'this is supposed to be art'. I bet if you put something like Duchamp's famous work here - people at this forum will flame you more. Maybe the one you want to point out is 'fine art' not 'art in general' (refer to your last forum thread). Cave paintings, street paintings, dances, craft, architectures, children drawings, etc are art. It's part of culture, how we communicate and express ourselves. I thought you learnt this at art institute. (:

The thing you have to remember in internet, (like you said above: hide behind computer) people don't know how your expression or emotion behind the computer. Writings can make wrong assumptions, so be careful before you posting (:

Sorry with my bad English
This guy really isn't worth reasoning with. If you question his work, he'll lower the amount of years he's actually been making art (sometimes he says 5 years, when it's more convenient he makes it 10+) He's convinced that everyone, everyone doesn't know what they're talking about, and what's worse is that he actually doesn't consider anything outside of painting to be real legit art (he even stated once that Photography couldn't be a fine art)

He's a typical idealistic art school drop out. High on his horse, and bourgeois.:no:
I hope he only couldn't express well what he mean, *dayum my positive thinking side* (:

Photography could be part of fine art. I learnt 'seni cetak digital' when I was in college - I don't know what should it be called in English (maybe digital printing art?) we made art works with digital media - it included photography, videos, animation, photo manipulating, etc.
Or maybe he should start with Gerhard Richter if he stated photography couldn't be fine art.
Fine art is very wide subject. Even when we put things like dirt, newspapers, bones, etc. and we have strong concept behind it - it could become art.

*and I feel like college student again - talking with my lecturers about concepts and stuffs lol*
He's just got too much ego for his own good :no:
The irony of this thread is absolutely delicious with spilled tea.
Fuck, this is still going? Have another
Just going to jump on the wagon here. Although, I have no idea if I'm commenting in the correct place or not. :P
I am not anywhere close to being a professional artist, as anyone can tell by taking a quick glance a my gallery. (If anyone was wondering, I've been drawing ever since I could pick up a pencil. But I barely developed a style that isn't stick figures. Barely being rougly last year or so.)
And not being popular at all, hardly anyone comments on my work. And when there are commenters, there are never any critiques. Ever.
I would kill for a critique, a well thought out one. Whether it's negative or positive, I wouldn't care, as long as it helps me improve.
So I must say, you're a lucky guy for getting opinions, whether you like them or not.
Take other's opinions into consideration, it'll help.
Want me to give you a critique? :o

or help or something?
Oh my, I don't know.
Coming from such an amazing artist as yourself, my mediocre- at best- art isn't even worth your time, if you ask me.
Besides, I-

I mean, if you want to, I won't stop you.
By all means, do so.
I sent you a Note :]
I received it, thank you. c:
People call my art crap without giving my constructive criticism, and I ignore them because they're trolls. I would love. LOVE. LOVE. to have some more criticism, I just need some serious criticism, not the crap you gave me.
"utter crap" isn't helpful at all. You need to take your own advice, man.