Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 684

Sensitive Artists will Never Improve

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I've been doing art for 15 years and I can say along the way i have gotten to the point where negative critiques do not phase me. You can call me shit, or bad and I know unless such statements are coming from someone credible that you are just envious because I am the better artist. Even in Art school, I never received negative criticism because I displayed proficiency as an artists. But more than that, when I did receive the few negative criticism that I did my confidence allowed for me to shake it off.

I found that what really helped me become great was that when i was developing I could shake off the negative response that people would at times give me. This lead me to have confidence in my art. If you are sensitive you will never make it as an artist. Grow a backbone. I hate, and i mean I HATE scary people.

I know a lot of you guys criticize my art because you hide behind a computer. But really I can not even keep a straight face when you do so. It is hilarious. Most of you guys reach for every little thing you can. In real life, I most never get negative criticism. At worst people say my subject matter is "out there." When I do receive negative criticism it doesn't phase me because i have the backbone to keep pressing. Be confident in you skill of give up.

Nuff said.

My art:
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjordan71495:
Jordan71495 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sometimes it is hard not to be sensitive about your own work. If you put so much time into something and someone sees the flaws that already make me insecure, I feel uneasy about my own skill as an artist. I do accept criticism, but an artist had to know when the advice/comments a valid. Right now, It feels like you are complaining about yourself. People are offering you valid advice and you are acting like the are personally attacking you, when they are trying to help you improve. Stop making excuses for yourself. Art is subjective, so critique will reflect personal taste. You don't have to use the advice you are given, but to always ignore it is unwise.
:iconnonecansee:
nonecansee Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist
THIS

There is a HUGE difference between simply ignoring negative criticism and actually taking criticism to improve yourself.

I wonder if the OP of this thread has actually taken in REAL criticism (whether it comes off as negative or is sugar-coated). :|
Jordan71495 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah, I doubt it. He is always like this on forums anyways.
nonecansee Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist
Ugh. Yes.
I've seen a couple of his other complaints thread.

I wonder if the trolls who attempt to subdue him are actually giving him attention is enough to keep him making posts.

I mean, I've seen posts with sad ends. They're legit questions or troll-worthy BUT no one or maybe only 2 or 3 have posted on them so they just get locked after a month and die. But this, haha I think what we're doing here is feeding the flame :P

I'll add this as well: I think this guy doesn't filter out publicity into good or bad. As long as he gets attention, he's happy and will proceed to do as he wishes.
Jordan71495 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm not going to judge him for wanting more attention, but his tactics aren't the right way to go about this. If we were to ignore his posts he would probably stop after a few more confrontational posts.
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student Filmographer
Oh, this guy's a troll. He basically posts just so people will go to his page and see his shitty artwork.
nonecansee Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist
:noes: I fed him attention!
:iconlove-3n:
LoVe-3N Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist

Art-whoring time!!
:iconparadedemon:
ParadeDemon Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Artist
Dang. This still up? o:

:iconticklyroach:
TicklyRoach Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wait wat