Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 90

Hey guys! Let's have Irish Reunification under the British crown

:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Filmographer
Earlier today one of my Facebook 'friends' (seriously should do a bit of spring cleaning on that list) announced that he suddenly joined the cause for the reunionfication of Ireland. One would think that he meant the idea of the entire island united as a full on republic. What he meant instead was reconquer the country under the British monarchy.

:iconcubaplz:

'After all the men that have DIED for Irish independance? Including Michael Collins and Aurthur Griffith?' I says to him.
'Collins was a terrorist anyway, Mark.'
'Collins was in the IRB, not IRA. Besides, the old IRA wasn't a terrorist group during the Irish War of Independance.'
'Doesn't matter! He still shot at the British people on British soil at the time'

Dude, the 1916 Rising was a coup d'etat, an act of TREASON, not terrorism. And the civil war was against the Irish Free State supporters and the old IRA, both of which were Irish parties and the latter, as I said, not a terrorist organisation at that time!
And even then, how the hell do you plan on taking over this country again? Do you seriously plan on invading a neutral nation and suffer a backlash from the UN? You really think the fact that a lot of good men gave their lives and died for what we have now is something to trivialise? I admit I wouldn't take a bullet for this country myself, but show a little respect for that at least. :L

And to you yanks out there who think that the Republic of Ireland is a part of the UK anyway, you're all adorable. =^.^=

Bonus complaint: Another yank on youtube was asking me why we don't 'take after them' and use more American terms and phrases since we apparently "hate on the British". Once again, adorable. :aww:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Yes please, we don't need to be ruled by the royals of England. We are perfectly happy as we are.
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Filmographer
:highfive:
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Man, the Irish are weird.

Hell, I'm like 20% Irish or something, and my parents insisted I watched the Secret of Roan Inish as a kid, and I'm weird as hell, and I know this.

Would totally go to Ireland, terrorism aside.
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Filmographer
:roll:
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Yes, you can roll your eyes, I'm just another stupid Yank.
:icon81984:
81984 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
lalalalalalalalalalalala
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
I know about the republic being not part of the UK:dummy: but I'm not american so... But I have an Irish friend, and thus my humble use of random sentences strung together ends
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Yay.
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
:yay: is not an emoticon, :iconyayplz: or a good plz
:iconarvellas:
Arvellas Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
:iconyayzplz:
Add a Comment: