I can't read your shit

Dear Ubisoft,

Fuck you! No, really, fuck you! I've loved the assassins creed game series since its fucking birth, and I have every single game (except for the wishy-washy PSP spinoffs). I love the series with a passion and what do you give me for it?

Fucking 3 point size font. I don't have an HD tv, ubisoft- my standard definition TV is even over 10 years old. I bought the 360 when it just came out, when my family actually had money- and when we lived in an urban area instead of in the middle of nowhere.

Point being, Ubisoft, is that you need to make your shit readable. It looks pretty as hell in HD I agree, but it'd look just as fucking pretty if you made the text at least 12 point fucking font.

The funny part is, the text has been getting smaller and smaller as the games progressed. The first one had like, 10 point font, then two had 9 point, brotherhood had 7-8 point, revelations was the same, and then there's 3 with their fucking 5 point font.

There is no reason for this. It does not look aesthetically pleasing, it's unreadable on a standard definition TV, and the game is far harder to play when you cannot read your fucking minimap (which is the size of a quarter), dialogue, in-game warnings and shit for important things like the guy you're supposed to fucking kill, and of course the fuckload of text you have in the multiplayer UI.

:icontealdeerplz: MY DICK IS BIGGER THAN YOUR TEXT, AND IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY. FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE SUB NORMALLY, AND NOW THE FUCKIGN GAME COMPANIES ARE DOING IT TO? I WANT TO BURN THE WORLD SO FUCKING BAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE FUCKING UBISOFT CAN'T MAKE READABLE TEXT WORTH A DAMN AND AND AND I'M GONNA FUCKING AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
Comments125
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I had an old SD tv when then the first one came out, so I can sympathize. It is hard to read and I have bad vision to boot. So, yeah...
I wear glasses and I have to scoot RIGHT UP ON there just to read the biggest subtitles.
Our big TV broke so I've been playing on a small one for years and I swear every game that has come out I'm like really how do you expect us to read this I've given myself headaches trying to get certain missions done.
how big is it?
I wear glasses and I have a good sizable TV and still can't see the font :iconkiddingplz:

I would also like to say, fuck you ya Ubisoft bitches, thanks for a waste of bullshit that's called Assassin's Creed III!
AC 3 as a game isn't so bad, the multiplayer is still good and they have some decent modes. My main complaint is that indyuns side with the colonists and that the font is so fucking small.
I would partially agree that not all of the game isn't bad. But I did find story mode to be easy to beat. I had friends who beat it in 2 days! That's weak. The story itself wasn't that intriguing, Connor as a character was bland. He reminded me of Altair. The multiplayer is ok but there's so much noobs that ruin it for everyone. I mainly like wolfpack or manhunt but that's all crapped on by the noobs too. I hope AC4 will be better. And hopefully ubisoft actually tests the game out before releasing it with bugs and glitches. =/
You probably haven't asked Benjamin Franklin for his bifocals yet...Silly Connor.
I did ask him what he thought of dating older women.
That Connor...Always getting all the ladies...
the whole damn family line seemed to have gotten around.
I play on an old 54 inch rear projection "HDTV" and I can't read the damn text. I swear it scales down the bigger the screen, hell the minimap in BF3 is unusable on big TVs for some stupid reason.
Game developers probably assume that if you have enough money to drop on games, you have enough money to upgrade your TV. :bucktooth: Seriously, a 20" is like $100.
I have a 20". It's standard definition though.

Actually, it's prolly a bit bigger than 20. But still.
1080p 20" >>> 480p 22".
...only 100 scrap you say?
Depends on what brand and where you get it from. I got mine at a wholesale place like Costco for right around $120, but you might be able to find a deal like that, if not better, at Walmart.
My boyfriend has an old TV and whenever we play games on it, I can't read the text for crap. He's getting a new one soon, thankfully, but...the amount of squinting I have to do is ridiculous.

And I remember that I had that problem too, playing the first Assassin's Creed game on MY old TV. What a difference ab HDTV makes, I tell you.
I read that as the amount of "squirting" the first time.

Now that's truly ridiculous.
Quit blaming them for your outdated TV preferences!
Also.. I have not had a single problem reading subtitles from either AC3 or Skyrim on my Full HD TV :p.

And to top it off PS3 > 360.
PS3 needs to die for it's complete INABILITY to play my beloved PS2 games!
Some of them are backwards compatible though :p
It's not a preference, it's a necessity!