Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 49

Copyright violation.......

:iconlastzonetrooper:
LastZoneTrooper Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
The user known as socalgooner70 appears to be posting works that are not his own. in almost all of the pictures posted, is the symbol and related link of DeniseMilani.com . Copyright infringement up front, this guy needs to be removed before he moves onto more frequent artists. if he is able to take these unmodified pictures off of the web and post them as his own, what is to prevent him from doing the same with another deviantart artists art? i just hope that other artists, premium members or not agree with this. either the art on his page needs to be removed, or he needs to be removed completely. furthermore, i would like to apologize for the last part of the comment i left on his page, was not my intention to make it sound like a serious threat, rather than a warning of epic proportions.

Devious Comments

:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist
:lock: At OP's request.
:icongrimcw:
GrimCW Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
fun point in case.
[link]

how many violations can you spot?
and most a few months old...
:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
That's nice honey.
:icongrimcw:
GrimCW Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
GL with that.
DA's gone and started making some serious FUBAR decisions lately where, unless reported by the copyright holder/original artist, they won't take action on these trolls.
and saying/doing anything about it yourself is grounds for a swift ban from the site.

go ahead, look it up. Tis why many are just moving out of DA and letting it become the next myspace.

glad i've nothing worth, nor capable of being, stolen...
:iconteenytinytentacles:
TeenyTinyTentacles Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
:iconfluttershyniceplz:
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Report and move onnnn~
:icondraumstafur:
draumstafur Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Report to help desk, as others have said, and talk to the thief - maybe they don't know what they're doing is a violation of copyright law.

I dislike the attitude of "not your personal army". dA is a community, and we all have a duty to keep our community free of thieves. the staff is not the punishing god. the words of many most times drive off thieves better than staff action which may or may not be too late.
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
omg, you sound like a broken record. Did you cut and paste your own answer?
LastZoneTrooper Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
are you simply trolling me for the laughs or just to be a mean bitch? i already reported it thanks to some help gratefully given by another deviantart user. i did not know where to go and someone told me where to put in a report. if you actually go back and read, you will see that. respect others as you wish to be treated right? this is your respect tossed back your way.
:iconkawaii-cookies:
kawaii-cookies Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
POTATO! :dummy:
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
BOIL EM MASH EM STICK EM IN A STEW
AND EAT IT! :la:
YAMS! yams with lots and lots of marshmallows, graham cracker bits, and brown-sugar!
man, I love yams! :dummy:
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Making threads like this actually makes it harder for dA to remove these people.

YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT HELP THIS PERSON
i found out about the helpdesk a little bit too late. i didn't initially know where to go. i even checked on google and that didn't help. so i went to the only place i knew someone would help with this problem.
:iconteenytinytentacles:
TeenyTinyTentacles Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
Your copypasta is stale and moldy.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Complaints

Complain about anything that you feel the need to, just do not expect things to change!

Well, at least you know where the helpdesk is NOW.
:iconsanguinelaw:
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"Good artists copy, great artists steal" - Me.
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconthisplz:
:iconthe-uglytruth:
The-UglyTruth Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
:iconfryplz:
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Shut the fuck up.
no.
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Yes.
LastZoneTrooper Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
make me.
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
No.
LastZoneTrooper Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
then what the hell are you going on about? if your not planning on doing anything to backup what you demanded, then just go bug someone else.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
REPORT IT.

Wait, wait, I got one for this...
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Not your personal army.
i understand that. i found out about the help desk too late. i only said anything about it here because i didn't know where to go, hoping someone would be able to help out in the area of where the help desk was. someone sent me a link. so i apologize for this big mistake. i just didn't know where to go.
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You should have learned about how to use the Help Desk immediately after getting an account on here.

Posting a forum, journal, or anything that calls them out for anything only helps their cause and make YOU look like a complete butthurt idiot.

Next time, you'll learn to just report the hell out of them and move on, rather than whine and bitch about what the said person have done to you.
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
:iconhelpdeskplz:
:iconpynasta:
Pynasta Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Many reports don't make the people responsible for reading reports look into things sooner. It just leads to them reading the same thing over and over, and missing other things.
i found out about the help desk too late. i only said anything about it here because i didn't know where to go, hoping someone would be able to help out in the area of where the help desk was. someone sent me a link. so i apologize for this big mistake. i just didn't know where to go.
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Photographer
i found out about the help desk too late. i only said anything about it here because i didn't know where to go, hoping someone would be able to help out in the area of where the help desk was. someone sent me a link. so i apologize for this big mistake. i just didn't know where to go.
:iconunrehearsedsplendour:
UnrehearsedSplendour Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional General Artist
So? report him. :roll:
just did.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Then why advertise it to us?

What, do you want a cookie?
no need to be so harsh. i found out about the help desk too late. i only said anything about it here because i didn't know where to go, hoping someone would be able to help out in the area of where the help desk was. someone sent me a link. so i apologize for this big mistake. i just didn't know where to go. i used the link provided already. if there was a way to remove this thread i would. that much i didn't think far enough ahead.
:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist
I'll lock it for you. :)

In the future, please refer to Need Help? thread if you need help.
:iconludwigvankickass3:
LudwigvanKickass3 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I would like one.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   Digital Artist
You can report it to the staff through the Help Desk dialogue. [link]

Seriously, people like this and the "render" folk.
thankyou, i just put in a report.
:iconpigwasher:
Pigwasher Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Report and move on.
:icondraumstafur:
draumstafur Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
The help desk is slow as fuck. I got violation reports resolved messages ONE YEAR AND A HALF after I sent them. It's just too much volume for them, and I don't say it in a pejorative way - there are just too many users, and the staff can only do so much at a time.

I think the type of social justice that deviantart's user base seems to like, i.e. "take matters in our hands" way, is a good way to go about it. We need to take care of ourselves and each other on the site, and driving out thieves is one way to do so. I approve of the "pitchfork" method - we can't rely on the staff to take care of us as if we were small children.

Matter of fact, when I get home I'll make a detailed and argumentative thread about this, to gather more opinions.
Add a Comment: