Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 113

Misinformation that surrounds schooling horrifies me

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I know that the education system isn't perfect, that's one of the reasons why I want to become an educator... but there are so many people that are misinformed/ignorant to education.

I'm sick of hearing:

- Early education is 'babysitting'.
- All homework is useless.
- 'If you can't do, teach!'
- 'You're smart! why lower yourself to... that'

The last two really annoy me. We need intelligent teachers and most importantly, we need passionate teachers. It's not something to do if you can't do something else. It's not something you do for the money. If you don't like children and if you don't like teaching, I can guarantee you're not going to be good.

I can't even bother to write up all the shit I hear. If you want to hear some really fucked up opinions on schooling, just take gander at the politics forum. :iconfacepalmplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconteenytinytentacles:
TeenyTinyTentacles Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
Some places can't hire intelligent teachers because the shitty teachers are protected by their Union and thus cannot be fired so that intelligent, good, passionate teachers can take their place.
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Link plz
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Screw what people think. Teaching is about the pupils, not the people surrounding the teacher.
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Actually, teaching involves students, parents and the wider community.
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
only if you are a school teacher
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Nope. All parts should be part of a successful education system. School isn't about just academics. It's about learning to be part of society.
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
teaching is not about education system. there are numerous private classes, courses and also internet teaching internationally. education is a part of life, it exists in every living-to-living interaction. man you should get rid of your objectivity habit if you want to be a good teacher :D
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
If you look through this thread, you'll see I've already mentioned those ;)

The education system isn't in everyday living.

Internet teaching, private classes etc should all be done together in a group, and they should involve the wider community. Even with home schooling, private classes etc. My friend was homeschooled and once a month she meet with a group of other homeschooled children. and once a month they had an excursion, which is the involvement of the wider community.

This isn't me not being objective. This is me looking at what research and studying says.
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
i didnt say objective, i said objection habit. i forgot which thread this was in.

and i also was not talking about the education system, but the education in general. if you want to talk about the system its ok.

its true that every student that goes trough education should be involved in the system in one way or another, even if it simply means getting together with the peers. a system should encourage information and emotional exchange between peers, not force them into externalization (ie bullying in usa) or competition (the idealist monotype in china). people learn from each other as much as from a teacher-student situation. i know this contradicts with what i said earlier but earlier i was trying to define universal education. in a system these things are a must.
:iconsolum-ipsum:
Solum-Ipsum Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, hi! I'm Disappointing Reality. Allow me to introduce you my good friend, the Sad Truth: [link]
Add a Comment: