December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 98

Please consider disabling AdBlock

:iconshantella:
Shantella Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That message infuriates me!

I mean, I installed AdBlock for a reason. I hate seeing ads everywhere I go, especially on YouTube where it superimposes the advertisement on the video. But I have to say the ones that randomly start playing audio annoy me the most. :iconfuuuplz:

But still, some websites are all "We generate revenue due to ads, so please turn AdBlock off". No.

Not gonna happen. I really like my ad free internet. I get enough commercials from TV and the radio in the car. :icongrumpplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Dec 31, 2012  Professional General Artist
After sitting through a minute long ad, I got adblock.
So fuck em all.
:iconkinrift:
I choose not to use Adblock. I want the people on Youtube I watch to get money from me, so hey.
:iconabrigedfoamy:
Abrigedfoamy Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
but you need to know about this product that you think you won't buy but you will becasue are website blocking ads tells you to buy it because you need to buy it to live and buy this product
:iconbalaria:
Balaria Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The advertisers and site owners have no one else to blame but themselves. When you start pushing shit ads that slow down your site, distribute viruses, play sounds, hijack the screen and generally make your site look like a circus on heroine, why are you surprised people start blocking your shit?
:iconbullet-magnet:
I could put up with it if they didn't suck down my processing power so much with bloated flash files, irritate the hell out of me with surprise audio, play audio without even a image to let me know which page it is on, or (the worst) have a great big "download" button on it on a page were I'm trying to download something. I've lost count how many times I've had to trawl through my programs to uninstall the sneaky shit that got access that way.
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
So you don't mind paying out of your ass every month to keep the site alive?
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
:iconimhighplz::iconhypnolaplz: !!! CAPITALISM !!! :iconhypnolaplz::iconurhighplz:
:icondarkanddefiant:
i love adblock.

now if those fucking popups will go away.
:iconashieepants:
Ashieepants Dec 31, 2012
I ended up getting in a fit of anger and installed Adblock after one of those banner ads with audio scared the fuck out of me. (RIP headphone user?)

I used a computer with no Adblock, and almost every fucking video I loaded had a 30 second ad right before it. When it blatantly gets in the way of my time and Internet usage, then I get pissy. Put them on the fucking side-panels, NOT before my video.
:iconpegasusqueen:
PegasusQueen Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Your contact lenses have arrived.
1-800 contacts? They can't have my brand.
I have special eyes.
Look! Look with your special eyes!
MY BRAND!

I have it memorized completely.
Adds don't have as much fun as they could have.
The thing is.... We can make them fun!

Question is: If adds were fun, would you watch them?
Here are some fun adds!
[link]
[link]
[link]
Add a Comment: