'From net' - Speak up and be forever silenced!

Once upon a time, back in the days when the abominable copyright menaces still roamed the Earth, there lived a little young deviant who, despite his short existence - the poor weakling was only three weeks old -, seemed to be very proud of his magnificent feats. From sunrise to sunset, he would climb to his imponent pedestal and marvel his followers with images of great beauty, so impressive that everyone wondered where those could be coming from. Some stared in pure awe, others applauded him frantically and some... questioned him. 'From net', he said to the very few who dared speaking up. Such a confusing and vague answer that was... and from that day onwards those who tried questioning him again were given a single reply:

"We're sorry, but you cannot post a comment here"

... and that's the short tale of how free thinking men who shout against wrong doings can be forever silenced.

Now I question you, random deviants and moderators: Is 'from net' a valid excuse to post images that don't belong to you?

The deviant 'artist' from the this tale showed no intention neither to discuss this matter, nor to defend himself, after being called to attention. On the contrary, he disabled all comments, hid all those containing remarks to an alleged infringment of copyright laws, and finally blocked those users to prevent them from posting any 'harmful' criticism.

Around there there's an old saying according to which "He who owes nothing, fears nothing" but apparently this little one has a lot to fear...

So I ask you, what measures can be taken to prevent these recurrent situations?
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Posting here won't achieve anything. Yes, it's wrong. If you really want to try and get them removed, report, and if that isn't enough for you, then contact the original artists.
Okay, I can't be bothered to do the normal insulting you and all that shit, so I'll just give you a picture to look at instead. :la:

I will never understand the inflation fetish..

actually there's a lot of fetishes on the internet I will never understand x_X.
I will never understand us humans. Why must we be so fucking stupid. It makes me want to bash their heads in with a blunt object.

...A bit too far?
The internet is full of strange and bizarre fetishes.
WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THAT. THING?
The doom of humanity.
He's got worse in his gallery.
isthea that a manateee>
Yep, most certainly a manatee. :nod:
fcuking mand tha haarppoon.
Go to sleep. Peace will reign supreme.
can't you report him to deviantart staff? Give us the link and we'll all report him :D. Creatures like him should not dwell on Deviant Art
Take a look then and see if it's just a few of us hallucinating or if 'his' images are indeed someone else's... You can start with the cute kitten that everyone loved so much:

[link]
hmm...it's a little odd that the downloadable image size is not that small..this suggest that he might have the original. But looking at the gallery as a whole..yes, it's very unlikely that he's such a multi-talented person (or lucky for the spontaneous shots)
Should he have defended his honour instead of blocking users and deleting all comments that mentioned art theft, and maybe I would have been naïve enough to believe he could be innocent on this matter. But ok, now let's leave it for the help desk to judge.
im very confused..and would like to see this deviantas webpage
Sure, feel free to check for yourself.

[link]

He doesn't even hide the fact that the works aren't his, and yet he posts them.
geez... have you reported him
You know, I wonder sometimes if the complete assholes who have no idea what they're doing around here even know how to respond to people's fucking comments because they occasionally make painful to read steaming pile of shit threads like these, and don't even answer any of the disappointed posters that opened up the topic.
Oh my god, I can just tell you think this horribly worded shit story of yours is something that's REALLY clever and is making some sort of thought provoking point in the wittiest way but fuck I couldn't stand to get past "from sunrise to sunset" unless you blew me.