Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

'From net' - Speak up and be forever silenced!

:icontenebra:
Tenebra Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Once upon a time, back in the days when the abominable copyright menaces still roamed the Earth, there lived a little young deviant who, despite his short existence - the poor weakling was only three weeks old -, seemed to be very proud of his magnificent feats. From sunrise to sunset, he would climb to his imponent pedestal and marvel his followers with images of great beauty, so impressive that everyone wondered where those could be coming from. Some stared in pure awe, others applauded him frantically and some... questioned him. 'From net', he said to the very few who dared speaking up. Such a confusing and vague answer that was... and from that day onwards those who tried questioning him again were given a single reply:

"We're sorry, but you cannot post a comment here"

... and that's the short tale of how free thinking men who shout against wrong doings can be forever silenced.

Now I question you, random deviants and moderators: Is 'from net' a valid excuse to post images that don't belong to you?

The deviant 'artist' from the this tale showed no intention neither to discuss this matter, nor to defend himself, after being called to attention. On the contrary, he disabled all comments, hid all those containing remarks to an alleged infringment of copyright laws, and finally blocked those users to prevent them from posting any 'harmful' criticism.

Around there there's an old saying according to which "He who owes nothing, fears nothing" but apparently this little one has a lot to fear...

So I ask you, what measures can be taken to prevent these recurrent situations?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxcetera:
Xcetera Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Photographer
Posting here won't achieve anything. Yes, it's wrong. If you really want to try and get them removed, report, and if that isn't enough for you, then contact the original artists.
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Okay, I can't be bothered to do the normal insulting you and all that shit, so I'll just give you a picture to look at instead. :la:

:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I will never understand the inflation fetish..

actually there's a lot of fetishes on the internet I will never understand x_X.
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I will never understand us humans. Why must we be so fucking stupid. It makes me want to bash their heads in with a blunt object.

...A bit too far?
The internet is full of strange and bizarre fetishes.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THAT. THING?
The doom of humanity.
:icondawnsbreak:
DawnsBreak Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
OHDEAR. /die.
He's got worse in his gallery.