Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 61

Popularity

:iconhorrorkitten337:
HorrorKitten337 Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've noticed that certain things on DA get more attention than others. Most of these things are very specific to certain niche audiences. And then there are people like me, who create art that doesn't quite fall into that category and go largely unnoticed. I work hard on my stories, yet I rarely get a comment. I get the occasional favorite, which is appreciated, I appreciate any and all feedback I get on my stories. I would just like to get more feedback, I like to know how people react to and feel about my work. It annoys me when I bust my ass and post multiple chapters a night and get little to no recognition, when someone who takes a tit picture and calls it a Self Portrait gets a thousand comments. Is that what you have to do to get noticed here? If so, that's kinda sad. Anyway, that is an entirely different issue. Back to my point. I want to be recognized and taken seriously as a writer. But what the hell do you have to do to achieve that on here?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
Good ways:
Post fan art.
Make your page a rainbow seizure, sometimes works.
Say "you're going to give away 1000 points but you must be watching me."I've seen someone get 1100 watchers from that.
Should be more about the art, not numbers.
sigh.
:iconmaryyana:
MaryYana Jan 2, 2013   Traditional Artist
Popularity is actually more about how social you are and how much you make people actually see your work than how good you are. Both are often required to become, and remain, really popular.
:iconlankss:
Lankss Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
join groups
give feedback
watch people
make more art
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
Watch other people, they will watch back.

Also you can get a "mature content" story up in the front page that will make people read your works more. This is how it is. Majority is teenagers here.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
How much feedback do you give? If you want feedback so badly, you could join the group called Project Comment or Feedback Frenzy. You can find quite a few groups regarding feedback. Best of luck!
:iconhorrorkitten337:
HorrorKitten337 Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I do the best I can with feedback, I'm not on as often as I'd like. I'll check out those groups though, thanks!
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You are welcome :)
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Become a fetish writer. Then everyone will love you.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Dec 30, 2012   Digital Artist
Have you ever asked for feedback on your writing in the designated Literature Critique Thread, made a Thumbshare thread for comment swaps on lit (or posted in existing Thumbshares offering critique or asking for lit), joined a writing group, made friends with other writers?

The literature community is smaller than the art community, but it is very active, and it is actually very easy to get feedback. I've found it much easier to make friends with writers on DA than with visual artists. The writers I know love to swap critiques and read each others work and share advice.
:iconjericawinters:
It's harder for people to make time to read stuff. I think around 12 people read the first part of my story (this is higher than I expected). Oddly, I still want to write a huge story because writing is so interesting. :confused:
Add a Comment: