Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 215

Misandry

:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Some tumblr shit. Yes I know, tumblr is dumb and stupid, but I honestly can't believe people actually think this way. It's just, how did they not self abort?

If you are familiar with tumblr, you should know about the whole privilege deal, and everyone trying to grab an oppression card. Because being oppressed is a hip and cool fad. And it gives you a right to hate and be racist/sexist/whatever to anyone you want without having to be called out on it.

Well my complaint is about misandry. Yes, it is a thing, it exist. It's the reverse of misogyny. Sexism happens to men too, surprise surprise. But then you have faux-feminists try to claim that men cannot experience sexism at all, and that misandry does not exist, and that you cannot be a victim of sexism if you are not oppressed.

Fuck that shit, that is a prime example of sexism right there. It's pretty fucking sexist to say an entire sex cannot experience sexism ever because they aren't oppressed. That's throwing the experiences of those men who have been victims of sexism, right in their fucking face as if it were nothing. It absolutely disgusts me. I really want to strangle these people.

They honestly believe it's okay to go around screaming 'KILL ALL MEN/CUT THEIR DICKS OFF/DIE MEN SCUM/etc, etc.' because:

1.) Women can NEVER be sexist.
2.) Their sexism is justified and it is okay for them to be sexist fuckwits because they are ~oppressed~.
3.) OMG IMMA (faux)FEMINIST LOL11!

And if you dare point out their hypocrisy, you are either:

1.) An MRA.
2.) A man.
3.) Brainwashed female with internalized misogyny.

These shits make feminism look like a fucking joke too. I love when misandrists try to claim they are feminists when feminism is about equality among men and women, not just women. Women before us didn't fight for our rights for it to turn into THIS. In fact they would be pretty ashamed. Even better is when they scream death threats and threats of violence against men then turn around and ask "WHY R MEN SO VIOLENT OMG"

Or when they claim that misandry isn't a real word, just a word men made up and whined enough about to get put in the dictionary. The irony in this is when I see these faux feminists parade around in shirts/hats/jackets/bracelets with MISANDRY written all over it as if it were some sort of logo.

ah. ha ha ha.

Late night complaints. And I have to go to work in 6 hours.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Wait! We have cats! And GIFs! As well as Mass Effect, Doctor Who, and intelligent remarks and observations sometimes! We can redeem ourselves, you'll see! There's even ironic social justice blogs!
:iconwiffleball:
WiffleBall Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
You even hear of the book "SCUM Manifesto"? I would think that it's partially to blame for all this shit.
:iconrocueto:
RoCueto Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
When women were finally allowed frontline military possitions, Jezebel was talking about how American Horror Story rubbed them the wrong way.
For every Girlwriteswhat in youtube, we have a conwoman like anita sarkeesian.
For every Amelia Earhart there's a million Snookis.

And it's not the former of each line who are crying about being opressed, while being the worse kind of female there is.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:o

This is why I'mnever getting a tumblr.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional
... Whiiiich takes us right back to...

Tumblr.

Why are you on tumblr.

There is your problem.
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Because I cannot wrap my head around the fact people this brain damaged exist and probably act like this outside the net.

I would publicly shame them heh
:iconkendrubbin:
Kendrubbin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Photographer
You're just jealous because I'm a gender-queer trisexual empowered lesbian womyn. You're just trying to force your privilege on me, cis scum!
:iconwheezergirl:
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Because being oppressed is a hip and cool fad.

What.

WHAT.

:iconfacepalmplz:

:iconzombie-goldfish:
zombie-goldfish Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I saw a feminist tumblr the other day that claims all men are rapists (they can rape you without even touching you), that they are dogs and should be trained as such, and other ridiculous claims. I originally thought it was a troll but now that I think of it it wouldn't surprise me..
And this has reminded me of "fatty acceptance/skinny privileges".
:iconpaellamagi:
paellamagi Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Male privilege man. It's much easier to be a man in many fields, especially those that pay well or are male dominated. Hell, I can't even go into a car yard, or a guitar shop without the salesperson ignoring me and speaking to the male, even if I'm the one making the purchase.
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I have never personally had that happen to me though.
:iconpaellamagi:
paellamagi Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
That doesn't mean shit.
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist
LOL
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
What else is new?
:icononemeanmotherfokker:
onemeanmotherfokker Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been watching it and giggling at their stupidity. XD Pretty pathetic, really.
:iconpink-anthony:
pink-anthony Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I try very hard to stay away from that side of tumblr. It makes me angry.
Having the privilege of a home, a computer, internet and an education good enough to enable you to discuss misogyny and misandry online makes you privileged, not oppressed.

I really dislike this bullshit. If you point out their privileges to them, then suddenly they also have a mental illness and dead parents or something. If they had to walk for a day in the shoes of a transgender person, a PoC struggling to live in a racist area or a child dying of poverty in a Third World country, they would really realise what oppression and lack of privilege is.

Claiming that no one can ever experience oppression and pushing the "lack of equality" thing moves us further and further away from ever achieving any sort of equality.
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Fun fact: People being crushed under the boot of oppression just want to be the one wearing the boot. They don't want to be on equal footing.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
That's an opinion, not a fact.
:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I just hope society never truly collapses, because then feminism will have meant nothing as females will be placed at the bottom of the food chain, as usual. :no:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Not in every society have females been placed at the bottom. I mean, Spartan women for example.
:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I said "collapsed society". If in today's world we were to fall into anarchy, females would be placed at the bottom of the food chain because a very very very minuscule fraction of women are taught or can actually defend themselves against the average man. I'm not trying to be chauvinist or anything because i am truly concerned about a scenario like that.
:iconkafine:
kafine Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
Those tumblr circles are pretty much just about hate and control.

I know what they are talking about when they suggest that sexism against men works a bit differently in our social context, often comes back to fear of the feminine etc. But it's like they just read that somewhere and didn't read any further. Instead of being part of a two way discussion, it becomes warped and used as ammo in their campaign to bully and control the behaviour of others.

I'm a feminist and I had to stop using tumblr for reading/discussing/expressing my opinion on social justice issues because so many of the people are just flipping obnoxious. They don't have much of an interest in creating a better world for anyone. Some of them actually think it's okay to send death and rape threats to allies if they do not conform precisely to the standards of behaviour imposed by the "opressee".

What I want to know is what their plan is for dealing with actual misogyny, racism ad transphobia in the larger picture of society, once they've finished taking out their frustrations on and alienating people who never hated them.
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
This reminds me of a story that my History teacher told the class once about someone he knew in America (or friend of a friend, I forget). Anyway, this guy was Jewish and said the most awful racist things but didn't believe that he was discriminating against anyone, because he was a Jew and since members of his faith had gone through so much oppression he couldn't possibly be racist.
Me, I stick to funny things on Tumblr, so I don't see painful stupidity on my dashboard unless someone I'm following is mocking them.
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
uhg. I am glad I don't meet people like that irl, because I would be giving them a BIG wake up call.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
check your privilege cis scum
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
"I need feminism because I walked across the street and a guy winked at me. I didn't like it"

Yeah. Tumblr sucks ass. So many whiny white girl/social justice blogs
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Filmographer
Also, dafuq is a trigger warning..?
:iconthelightswentoutin99:
TheLightsWentOutIn99 Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student Writer
It's a warning put in place to warn away the mentally ill.
:iconblackflamevampire:
BlackFlameVampire Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
[link]
This is the best way to define a trigger warning.

Normally these are commonly used when the person posting the content knows it's going to get a negative reaction from it.
A common example for 'Trigger' is posting meat products, such as a picture of a roasted turkey for Thanksgiving, and one of those crazy hardcore vegans happen to stumble upon it and then bitches the person who posted it out for it. This could be prevented by using a 'Trigger Warning' tag.
:iconcinestress:
Cinestress Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Filmographer
That's not what a trigger warning is. A trigger warning is when the post could actually trigger a person's bad memories of being raped, or trigger their desire of wanting to cut themselves, etc. The urban dictionary link even says that...

It has nothing to do with something being offensive.
Are we serious....? Is nothing not offensive anymore? Do these people go into supermarkerts and kick up a stink over seeing a jar of honey or a block of cheese or something. Jeeeeeez.

Glad I stay off tumblr.
:iconblackflamevampire:
BlackFlameVampire Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I have no idea...
I tend to stay away from those parts of Tumblr.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Do you ever stop being a Nazi?
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I'll be one forever.
CHECK YOUR PRIVELIGE YO. STARVING AFRICAN WOMEN CAN'T GET ON THE INTERNET TO COMPLAIN SO NYEEEEHHHHH.(But not men, of course! Men never face hardships)
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Misandry is often mistaken for feminism. Feminism is actually a form of egalitarianism, with an unfortunately necessary female focus.
:iconmintaka-tk:
Mintaka-TK Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Shit like this is the reason why I'm not on Tumblr. For the record, I despise misandry as well. :x
:iconmacerider:
MaceRider Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People are dumbasses and fucking 'tards. Stop the presses.
:iconmelodymoose:
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You know whats weird? I always hear people complaining about those kind of feminist, but I have never seen one like that (not even on tumblr). Where is this coming from?
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I do. You can find them bitching and crying on tne misandry and misandrist tags on tumblr, and the kill all men one. Or radfem.
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've just never seen this anywhere. Then again I've only heard of blogs like womanist musings or the hathor legacy. Even still, its probably all balanced out by the stuff people write on 4chan. :shrug:
You know this shit's serious when feminazis are policing speech in fucking 4chan, and moderators pay attention to them.

Soon enough no one will be able to even speak to each other because everything you say will be sexist/racist/opressive/politicaly incorrect.
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Have you seen some of the creepy crap written on there? I wouldn't call it speech policing at that point, just having A basic standard.
Freedom of thought and expression are the only true freedoms we have, I'd rather stand with the anons even if they're rude and disgusting, than loose my freedoms little by little until everything is banned because everything will make someone feel threatened or hated. Speech police is the most retarded and dystopical thing to ever be created.

4chan has denounced pedophiles, people responsible for animal slaughter and scammers, showing once more than being an asshole doesn't mean you're a bad person. Can't say the same of "social justice warriors" who actually seem to mean it when they scream "Die CIS Scum!".
MelodyMoose Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Someone moderating their own site does not mean that you are losing freedom. That freedom of speech thing only means that the government can't shut you down. Someone with a private website can do whatever they want and if you don't like it, then make your own. The government can't stop you.
RoCueto Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
A law banning antisemitic speech is being discussed in the UK. While I don't support antisemitism and think everyone has the right to choose their religion, I also think everyone has the right to think and say whatever they want about other people's religion as long as it's not what has been proven and ruled to be dangerous (slander, browbeating and incitement to violence). The government making it ilegal so say "damn those kikes" not only is ridiculous, it has all the basis to escalate to stupidity as every other "minority" group will cry bloody tears about it being discriminatory and demand any form of comfrontational speech and thought be banned.

One would argue that this wouldn't happen in a world being ruled by competent people, but we're being ruled by overgrown children more afraid to loose voter support than of doing a miserable job and ruining society a little bit at a time.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Not very surprising.
:iconnakuraxchann:
NakuraXchann Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's why tumblr sucks ass and is awesome at the same time.
:iconbootypatrol:
BootyPatrol Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sometimes my brain hurts from reading what shit Tumblr users manage to muster. This example is no exception.
:iconpink-anthony:
pink-anthony Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Look up "forfuturereferenceonly" on tumblr. She is true quality "CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE".
Add a Comment: