drawing

I just don't know anymore. I really want to Draw and I in college aready taking animtion and art classes. but, I just really hate my drawing. I have so much free time but each time I try draw. I just hate it as soon I start. When , I in the classes I can draw easy and have a fun time with it and pull off some great artwork. but each time when I try doing it at home I just freaking hate it so much. It never look as good for some reason and i just give up from how much I hate it. I do want to draw but I dont get the same feeling like i do at school for some reason.
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Then keep drawing, draw again and again hundreds upon hundreds of pictures until you stop hatign what you draw. Sucking is not an excuse for giving up if you really like something.

Practice will never make perfect because perfect doesn't exist....but you can come pretty damn close.
:iconjakethedogplz: Dude! Sucking at something is the first step to getting sorta good at something!
I've taken the first step to being good at pretty much everything! YAY! :la:
sounds like you're too self-critical of your artwork.
I kinda went through a stage like that.
Probably the hardest thing for a person in a creative field to do is to actually LIKE his/her own work.
And why exactly are you here, complaining about it, instead of practicing? Seriously, we can't change a thing about your drawings, only you can.

Now grab a damn pencil/brush/your tablet/ your medium of choice and make a fucking drawing. :|
Practice a lot in your sketchbook, maybe it helps? You have so much free time for it. :shrug:
I'll put aside the woe is me vibes I'm getting and get straight to the point:

1) you will probably never get better without objective self criticism, which you probably have little of. If you did, you wouldn't be going on about how much you 'hate' your art. Analyze your work. Tear it apart. Pick out the elements that need improvement and focus on them one by one.

2) there are an endless amount of people who are better artists than you. This is a good thing, you can learn from them.

3) Stop being such a pussnugget. Seriously, you are who you are. You can either bitch about it or improve yourself. No one else can do it for you, you prancing dinklenut. This supercedes your art and becomes a mentality on life.

Now I'm going to go have a coffee and wait for someone to tell me how off base and asinine I'm being.
Lack of inspiration maybe? Try to imitate what you do in art class; set up a little lesson for yourself. I used to sit around wondering about what I should draw, and it made me frustrated. When I picked a few anatomy studies to study from, I could easily get into drawing mad enjoy myself.
If you can't even write in your native language, you probably will have some trouble with everything else as well :nod:
Draw something like this! :la:

There's always prostitution.

Ulrich! Go to the whore!
Yet another perfectionist.
I was a perfectionist.... until I saw others on DA. :iconmingplz:
All hail the great Thoth!
Cut this kid some slack, she's a new member and she's probably not even in college and she probably doesn't know that she's supposed to learn the ropes first. There isn't exactly a written rule anywhere on the forums that she'd most likely come by.

Anyways, I hate all my drawings too, but I just focus on making them better and trying to solve most of the problems with them. Plus, this just needs to be in HWL, not Complaints.
It IS in HWL already, so that base is covered.

(I think it needs to be in Art General, but I also doubt they could help either)
I said it just needs to be, I didn't say for her to put it there.

But now that I think about, I think she could put it in the AG forum.
You did read the part where she claimed to be in college, right?
"she's probably not even in college"
Point being?

If she claims to be in college, she should expect to get treated like someone going to college. And she did make that claim, so there is no reason to cut her any slack based on your wild guess that she isn't.
You forget the other reasons. Besides I said probably, I didn't outright said she isn't nor I guessed she isn't; I'm just considering that we should just cut her some slack because I'm doubting she's in college. I didn't say "She's probably not in college, let's treat her like she's a angst teenager". Just cut her some slack and let's just investigate more before actually deciding if she isn't for ourselves.
I understood perfectly, and I disagreed. I see no reason to cut her slack, least of all that she might be lying about going to college.
Well, why not? Is it solely because she claims to be a college student? :?
View all replies
It might help to actually show evidence of your artistic skill.

But in the meantime, here is a thumb to lord over your obvious lack of overall skill.