Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Don't get sports hooligans

:iconcommanderhavoc:
commanderhavoc Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I just don't get all these idiotic sports hooligans who mess up cities whether their team wins or loses.
In the end, by destroying cars, shops and other things, they will have to pay for it in the end with higher taxes and perhaps fines AND jail time.
It just boggles my mind that these so called people do these things and sometimes it happens that a lot of them end up killed either by their own bottomless stupidity or by angry civilians who saw them destroy their homes or stores.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconapricots-from-nara:
Apricots-from-Nara Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
Hooligans? I like that word.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Shenanigans!
:iconitaliandragon:
ItalianDragon Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well they just do that to wreck shit up, no less no more.
:iconcrimeroyale:
CrimeRoyale Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional
Because hey- it's JUST sports, right?
Yeah, they shouldn't be overreacting like that.
:iconcatapultedcarcass:
CatapultedCarcass Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
And to all the people soiling their own trousers about the word 'hooligan': Britain has a particular problem with violent football fans which is commonly referred to as 'hooliganism'. If you watched a news story about it then you'd hear that word being used.
:iconalzircon:
alzircon Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"Hooligan" is a commonly used word in Russian as well, not considered "old" or anything. Pfft, Americans.:giggle:
:iconcatapultedcarcass:
CatapultedCarcass Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Don't worry, I wasn't planning on getting a hooligan. I think I'll get a dog instead.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm surprised local police forces havn't been given permits to treat football hooligans like pests and shoot them with rubber bullets yet. They wouldn't be so destructive and mouth when they're taken down a notch.
Yeah, it is surprising that no police force in the world has been given the permit to treat them as pests and such.
It would certainly discourage a lot of potential hooligans from ever attempting anything, since rubber bullets are extremely painful to get hit by.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I doubt that. They won't stop being douchbags because they got whooped once. They come from a background where the behavior's ingrained in them. So they'd simply keep repeating it regardless of how many rubber bullets you cap them with.

You shoot them down, then you deal with them. I've been meaning to ask the government to build underground prisons for a while now...
:iconkyteglory:
KyteGlory Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
The last time I heard the word "Hooligans" was when the Russian government was trying to think of an excuse to put Pussy Riot in jail.
:iconhamburgerhelperplz:
HamburgerHelperPlz Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Hooligan? I haven't heard of that word in ages.
:icondeviant-garde:
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I can't believe you used the word "hooligan" seriously. Do you ever tell people to get off your lawn while waving a cane at them?
:iconoptimusprime22:
optimusprime22 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
:iconangryoldmanplz: Get of my lawn, young whippersnappers!
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ha!three Americans in this thread so far not getting it.

Let me explain: The hooligan thing is very alive and real in many parts of Europe. The violence and vandalism are very current and real.

Most football (what you call soccer) matches are accompanied by a great police force, desperately trying to keep the groups from meeting.
If some travel by train, there's often harassment of non-match related people and vandalism against anything near.
:icondeviant-garde:
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Oh, I've heard about the sports-related riots in various parts. I had no idea how much of a problem it was though. I just thought the choice of wording was silly. :granny:

Is that simply what they call them?
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep, usually.
The word pops up frequently in papers etc.

In my family, we tend to call them football idiots. :lol:
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Don't speak like that about hooligans! They might cause a rumpus! :lol:
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Rumpus? do you mean ruckus? :lol:
I did mean rumpus, but ruckus works just as well. :lol:
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I had never heard the word 'rumpus' outside of the term 'rumpus room' before :lol:
It's gone pretty out of fashion. It's probably mostly seen in England, and even then was only really in use ages ago, I think. Such a silly word. :lol:

And 'rumpus room'? Is that as bad as it sounds? :lol:
Add a Comment: