Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 425

Anyone can post here?!

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Dear people who take it super personally when someone disagrees with you on a forum thread, I worry about you.

"Public" forum is public.

Yeah, a lot of people are fucking terrible at common courtesy, but there is an insane amount of angst generated by simple disagreements. Too much angst. I'm scared of what the business world will do to you.

tl;dr: when you're a jerk in return, it ruins your image permanently. MY MEMORY IS THIIIIIIIIIIIIS LONG. no it's not

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwalkingren:
Dude I disagree, when I reply to someone I don't want you butting in, not a public forum, its just propaganda, I hate you for disagreeing, you son of a bitch,
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Jan 3, 2013
Mages are to blame for everything.
neurotype Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Those assholes.
:iconthe-monoblos:
The-Monoblos Jan 3, 2013  Professional Writer
Dear The Internet.
Why? Just ... just ... why? ...

Warning: contains angst, pussy cats and considerable overkill (most of the angst is around because I couldn't for the life of me remember a goddamn quote that I wanted in here - my thanks go to *Morianrhod for knowing the quote as it turns out.)
Okay, now that my initial comments are over I would just like to say something, and seeing as it's so important I'll put it in quote marks and put it in italics for you and then you can go and just read the paragraph immediately below that because that is in all honesty what's more important here (why quote marks you may ask? Because it's a lot better than just putting some apostrophe's on either side of my comment). "Here goes!"

"I disagree with everyone because what I say here clearly goes against the system which has been set in place. I like to rebel against the system because it makes me look cool and hip and indie and I'm using the word 'and' rather a lot. Woo, go youth rebellions!"
"I'm part of a movement I don't even understand"

:rage:GET OVER IT ALREADY.:rage: Why have we not yet understood that we're typing on the internet. THE INTERNET!. "The internet is a lot like ancient Egypt; people writing on walls and worshiping pussy cats" ... seriously, that's the biggest, most mind boggling conundrum in the known world according to all the HTML's you'll ever see! It's MAYHEM!! (and there's SO many ways which that mayhem can be euphemistically viewed)

...Come to think of it how many people on the internet know what a euphemism is? (raise your hands please) ... okay ... and now raise your hands if you've noticed the 10 million plus cat pictures on the net? Now, I'm not really an animal person full stop but when THE ENTIRE INTERNET is supposedly ruled by a picture of a pussy cat you KNOW that there is something drastically wrong with everything going on around and you and yet you still have the time to complain, of all things, about a disagreement on a forum thread but otherwise you're good with listening to this!

For so much good in the internet there is an equal amount of bad. It's like those old Egg credit card TV ads where one person wipes a window clean very cleverly and on the other side of the world someone walks into a lamppost. WHY! I'm quite a serious person most of the time but I love going going cynical and snarky whenever I get the chance though often it's nothing more than me picking out one thing and going whimsically over the top with it because this is the internet. But ... this is the INTERNET for crying out loud!

Now if you don't mind I'm going to go sulk in a corner because of what's surely going to be remembered by me as a little overkill :cries:
:iconreicheru-ketsueki:
Reicheru-Ketsueki Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
what's wrong with cats?
their the ultimate form of true kawaii
:iconleucisticcrow:
LeucisticCrow Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
tl;dr? I'm fascinated, truly, but I have trolls to poke!
neurotype Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lmao: I agree anyway.
:iconthe-monoblos:
The-Monoblos Jan 4, 2013  Professional Writer
the thing is with the internet ... is that it's the internet ... we can't change all the bad stereotypes which come to life at us yet so many of us think we can; so many of us want to do so without realising what we're walking into. It's ... you know ... the internet.
Add a Comment: