Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Feckin' seasonal depression

:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Professional Filmographer
Lately I've been having a lot of mood swings and getting melancholy for no apparent reason, and then last night I had some emotional crisis involving a future career and past relationships (no, I don't care about the 'Help With Life' forum) and woke up and realized I get this way every December. Every feckin' year! Then after doing a bit of research and taking a few surveys, I got my answer:

Apparently, besides being a little bipolar, I suffer from something called 'Seasonal Effective Disorder'.

What this basically means is because of the lack of sunlight, my mood slumps to rock bottom and I become extremely pessimistic and depressed about life due to the simple lack of the sun. And given that the weather has been as typically Irish as ever in the past week, this explains it. :roll:

I guess the real complaint comes from the fact that now I have to built a back-up sun for myself. One that I can keep inside my room when I need it since there is no sunlight to make me feel all smiles and sunshine about myself. How I'm going to keep one inside my wardrobe until I need it is the only question. :L

Bonus complaint: My hometown is becoming a ghost town more and more every month. It's spooky seeing my childhood fade away like echos. :L

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconplumcider:
plumcider Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
That's good news, then. You aren't depressed for an actual reason, like famine, war, or disease. You can buy a light bulb and take a vitamin and fix it all.

Bright side--look at it. ;)
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hmmm.... Depression... I'm sure one day I'll find out what that is like.
:iconestae:
Estae Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't bother- it sucks.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012   Digital Artist
Hey, you know it happens to almost everyone in this country. Even I get affected by it. Only thing we can do is take vitamin D supplements. It's waaay too shitty to go outside right now. :saddummy:

Not uprising about Athenry shriveling up. Most people have left or have killed themselves. =B
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Filmographer
FUCK! Wrong link to Sheldon [link]
Starting to take cod oil pills since they're loaded with vitamin D. :B

Best I can do is watch Sheldon Cooper and his usual antics [link]
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012   Digital Artist
Yeah, it's the best thing to do. It doesn't look like this storm is going end any time soon. :saddummy:

Either way, FUCK YEAH! Red Dwarf! Cheers for the links. <3
It was supposed to be Sheldon but you're welcome anyway. xD
:icon-kron:
-kron Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
if you're not getting enough sun then you probably got the rickets.
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012   Digital Artist
The sun is a very rare phenomenon where we are from. Vitamin D is the only way to go. =B
Add a Comment: