Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 221

ART THIEF

:iconelalma:
elalma Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So this deviant ~LoveMyInspiration is an art thief. I told her to show respect for artists and don't steal art but she hid my comments instead. She also hid comments from other people who noticed that she stole photos. I'm writing here to spread the word about this art thief. Maybe she stole your works, check out her gallery.
I've reported her to the Help Desk. I've also reported some of her deviations. But it'll be a long process because of the holidays. Please help DA to get rid of this art thief.

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Interface Designer
It's good that you reported them :) If you want to help speed up the process, the best thing you can do is letting the copyright owners know, they can get it dealt with with high priority. Calling them out publicly is not the right way to go about this as you're only encouraging harassment. :lock:
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also, learn how to use the fucking Help Desk.
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Not your personal army.
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You may wanna get this thread locked, your friend is getting anally enraged. :iconlocksignalplz:
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
She deactivated. :lol:
elalma Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It's awesome! :aww: it's always good to have less theaves here
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Just had a thought (for everyone who reads this and wants to help out).

You can actually try and track down the original owner by Google searching the image. You can then link them to the page and encourage them to complain about the theft. dA will have to remove the image, or risk getting sued.

Right click image > copy URL > Google Images > click little camera icon > paste > search
elalma Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
You made a really good point! I've already found several owners and I'll try to let them know
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I've reported her to the Help Desk.

And that's all you should have done. Posting about it here isn't really going to help get anything done any faster, as none of us here can do much more than what you did :thumbsup: Patience, my pet. Patience.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
If someone broke into your house would you call the police or make a Complaints thread?
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Everybody knows you're supposed to make a status update about it on facebook. :roll:
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
With a picture of your reflection in the bathroom mirror, making a sad face
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This thread seriously crashed. :lol:
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Well, more like it was hijacked and then crashed.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh, it was hijacked from the start.
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
And do you know where did some of her 'stolen art' came from? Any link? No?
Some of the artwork has the links on it o.O'
Yes [link] Here's the original by Russian pro photographer, non-deviant. Find the same pic in her gallery edited
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I reported that. :thumbsup:
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
M'kay then.
:iconsronivera:
SROnivera Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I smell something awful. It's the smell of butthurt. Meanwhile intellectual property is not actual property, and that the only thing infringing about that is the claim that she created the work- for which she didn't. How do you steal a right? Lol, you can't.
Do you not understand how the law works or..? IP includes anything with a copyright, patent or trademark.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen on dA.
:iconcrystalgoldfinch:
CrystalGoldfinch Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
:iconthisplz:
Intellectual property is property, too. And someone who has rights can start a lawsuit against a person who stole his rights. And if he wins the case in the court, the thief has to pay some serious money. That's why in civilized world people buy rights to make a movie from a book, for example. Protection of intellectual property is a law in many countries. Also many countries signed Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works. Internet makes you think that everythings is free in this worls but it actually isn't. Sorry for the butthurt
:icondeviant-garde:
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
You can steal a right to exclusivity by breaking it.
Nope. He could lie about owning the right, and then boom- thought crime.
If he lied about owning the right then he simply wouldn't have it, because the ownership of that particular right to exclusivity is something tangibly obtained and enforced and not something he merely thinks up in his own head, even if one could argue that the concept of it isn't necessarily.
Ah, I see that point and I raise you this. It's digital. How could the right be his in the first place. On top of that it's DA so it's gotta be also PUBLICK DOMAINIA'D. : D NO RIGHTS FOR YOU.
:iconcrystalgoldfinch:
CrystalGoldfinch Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
You don't know much about copyright do you? :facepalm:
Dude, if anything about dA was public domain then nobody would be reporting art thieves through the help desk, journals, and forums all the time and there wouldn't be a copyright notice on every single deviation posted. There's the option to explicitly display special copyright licenses that are more open but it's not mandatory nor is it implicit.
They do it for drama.
Yes, dA allows you to officially report stolen deviations for drama. That's why they spend all that time reading through reports and why they've paid people to do so...
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a really bad cramp in my leg right now, guys :(
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
:stare: Everytime you say something with that icon I see a cutesy penguin doing it. It is too cute for the Complaints forum. Stop it.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:stare:
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Oh but you're too cute to be annoying! Run little penguin, I will hug you. :happybounce:
:iconaskblackhearse:
Askblackhearse Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
That comment of yours was cuteness in itself. :meow:
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I've noticed a lot of art thieves tend to be from South America. :B
:iconporto881:
Porto881 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was just about to say that... what is the damn deal? These people are making me racist ~(._.)~
:icongaussiancat:
GaussianCat Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:icongetoutfrogplz:
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
Oh my GOD! Steam has Civilization 5 off 75% for the next 8 hours!

Korea, here I come!
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconawyeahplz:
:iconkawaii-cookies:
kawaii-cookies Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
TOAST! :dummy:
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Filmographer
:iconmehplz:

Report and move on.
Okay, so after confronting the idiot who you made this thread about, this is what they had to say for themselves:

1- Yo no robe las fotos, solo las edite, pues ya que me las encontré en una página de facebook y las decidí editar y subirlas acá... 2- No se de quien son estás fotos, pero más gente las tiene, no soy la única... Y Pues, no es necesario insultar, porque yo no te eh dicho nada a ti... :)

Basically, they think that just because they found a bunch of photos on Facebook and didn't know who made them, they're allowed to just edit them and upload them on their own account and believe that's perfectly justified because they've seen other people do it.
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
:/ This happened to me the other day when I saw a stolen image on the front page of DA. I knew it wasn't the deviants art- then lo, her whole gallery is filled with stolen images she's altered. Because altering someone elses stuff is creative and amazing! And means you can remove their signature and slap on your own and then mark DO NOt STEAL on it .
Then she edited her artist comments to say " This isn't mine, this is by Aoshiki" ( or whoever). Thing is, Aoshiki does not exist on DA. ALso not on Pixiv under that name. But the rest of this chicks gallery is ripped off official art and stolen from Pixiv.

Of course, when people calmly explain to her that this isn't right, her and her white knights get all pissy because she stated it wasnt hers!! OMG ur all so mean >:[" [link]

however, I never made a thread. I reported and moved on lol. Though it will probably take 8 months for DA to do anything about it lol
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
AND IT'S ANOTHER SPANISH MOTHERFUCKER!
:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't forget altering an image in a lot of cases just involved removing the background. So much talent and effort it takes to do that man. :lol:
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Oh yeah, making "renders". I hate that. It especially bugs me now since I've seen some "renders" of my own art floating around -_-. They just removed my characters from the background, stripped them of anything to do with me. Put them on a blank background with their sig on it.

Now it's been stamped on god knows how many new backgrounds and sigs countless times- and when someone traces the character image back, they believe it's by the person who originally made the render e___e. Not me.

Now I put my url watermark on the image somewhere.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
He hid the comments now. :fart:
Add a Comment: