Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 110

shipping and handling: LIES LIES LIES!!!

:iconsynthetikdreamer22:
SynthetikDreamer22 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i want to buy this but i'm not pying 5 bucks for fucking shipping!!!! that's bull especially when it's a tiny little usb adapter! the website says it's only $2 but when i put in all the info it's 8 bucks total!!! what kind of bullshit is this?! i'm not wasting my cash on shipping D:< [link]

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Interface Designer
:lock: at OP request.
:iconsteampunk-desperado:
Steampunk-Desperado Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
They must have seen how much of a weaboo you are and raised the shipping cost at the last second. :meow: That'll teach you.
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Fucking americans. Five bucks is nothing for shipping, to Canada alone I usually can expect $20+ shipping, and then have to pay duty fees on top of that which are usually equal to half the purchase price. I'd kill for $5 shipping, and I don't even live on the other side of the world where shit's fucking insane.
:iconsynthetikdreamer22:
SynthetikDreamer22 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ok obviously i've walked into a shitstorm so i'm just going to shut down this thread. there are way too many assholes on here tonight so i'm not going to respond to anything anymore.
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
HAHAHAHAHA! You can't shut down this thread by just stopping replying to it! We won't let you. :icongrinstareplz:
:iconsmoppet:
Smoppet Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
:evillaugh:
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Do you even know how the post office works?

:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try living in Australia where absolutely NOTHING from an online US store (which I still buy from because they have everything Australian stores don't) gets shipped out here for five bucks. Most of my online purchases have cost 20 dollars minimum in shipping fees. A number of them have hovered around the $50 mark and one of them cost me over $100 just to get here, that alone dubled how much I was expecting to pay for the actual item :doh:

Five bucks is a bargain and barely enough to buy a coffee these days :p
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Every time I want to buy something from an American store the shipping is always almost double what the item is. Sometimes I hate living in Australia :(
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's the only thing I despise about living here (well that and the fact we have little to do and see compared to the US and Europe, and the fact everything's expensive here relative to our pay rates and dollar-value :doh:) But the reason why I keep buying online - even with ridiculous shipping charges is because of variety. I have very picky fashion tastes and there is just so little in local shops I'm happy with (and this is coming from a guy who lives pretty close to a nice, big mall too). Online I have found clothes, shoes and accessories I never would have dreamed of having even though I always wished I did. Here if you walk into a designer shop they might have six different pairs of bland-looking jeans all priced at $150 each. Online I can browse through thousands of different types, see something I like more and pay much less for it :dummy: Though after shipping and handling fees it works out about the same anyway :hmm: Still - I do it for the sake of variety and getting stuff I know few others in this country will have =p But yes, it sucks majorly when the shipping fees outdo the item price, at least paying for the item itself makes you feel like you are getting something. I'd rather spend $70 and have $50 of it go to the item and $20 for shipping, than have $20 for the item and $50 for shipping :doh:
Add a Comment: