Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 178

I'm Sorry, You Did What?

:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Prepare yourselves, shitstorm incoming with a smattering of rage induced vomit.

So, does everyone here know of the famous "Afghan Girl" image? If not, here's a refresher: [link]

Got it? Good. Moving along, swiftly, keenly, and with all the precision of a wrecking ball. You see defiance in her face in that picture. You see a girl who at about 12 has been through more shit than the average person would in their whole lives, so when some pretentious douchefag who elsewhere was quoted as saying he is above critique redraws the photo for his tumblr, stating that he wants to make her "prettier" and "more vulnerable," rage ensues.

Oh, yeah, the link: [link]

Enjoy kids. :puke:

Merry Shitmas. :poo:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlastzonetrooper:
LastZoneTrooper Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
ok, first the person responsible needs to be taken to a stretching board and have his arms and legs ripped from their sockets, and re-inserted the wrong way for good measure. next, put him on a table for some good old fashioned water torture until he/she cracks and tells you the real reason for doing that remake. only after this is done, should the person be let loose again (after being put back to the stretcher and having the limps dislocated and re-inserted properly.). the first picture was fine the way it was. the look on the face was not out of sadness, but of anger and buried hatred. trying to play it back in cartoony form takes away all of the needed emotion.
timmy64 Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
... You feel very strongly about this, don't you?
:iconlastzonetrooper:
LastZoneTrooper Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
somewhat yes. altering a purposely made posture and look to seem more innocent and stupid is just wrong. it is not sadness if you pay attention to the original picture, its anger.
timmy64 Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Truth right there.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
She looks like one of those people from scanners trying to make the photographers head explode
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
That photo is probably the most famous NG cover image ever...

I'm not going to say anything about the guy's art, except that he should probably keep his little 'sexist fetish' to himself from now on... :unimpressed:
timmy64 Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
He's done some other equally horrid stuff before.
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So I've heard... but I really don't feel I can say much, seeing as he still paints people better than I can at this point, even if he is butchering the pieces he "improves"... :no:
timmy64 Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
You don't need to be a chef to know if something tastes bad.
:iconsilverfangotaku:
Those eyes could stop a pack of wild dogs in their tracks. There is no excuse for attempting to change them.
Add a Comment: