Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 185

Rescue mission: save DeviantART!

:iconeyaoxpfc:
eyaoxpfc Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Hi, my name is Denise from Italy and I'm on this web site from years. I've seen a big difference between the old and the new DeviantART and I'm very disappointed. But I'm not writing to you for explain only my own feels, I know that also you are disappointed like me.
The Home Page full of furry-anime-wolfs and cosplays. Yes, this destroy the quality of the web site, but the worst are the social-network-photos! Have you ever seen, in the Home Page, photos of normal people in a restaurant, made by cellphone, photos of pizza with the shadow of the cellphone that is shooting it, low quality photos of the new pet made by a webcam... All of these photos are totally incoherent and must to be transferred on a social network. In this place, they ruin the web site and his concept of art. This is one of the reasons that pushed true artists to go away from here. I also deleted all of my deviations for this reason.
Do you remember the high quality of the pictures of 5 years ago? It was almost impossible to stop viewing photos! And now? It is almost impossible to view more than 5 pictures.
Try to open the Home Page, it isn't a bit... sad? It is a pity.

We also know that the staff don't want to act about this argument: logically, they want to expand as much as possible the number of users for an economic purpose.

What we can do?

I've got an idea.
There are some disappointed people on this web site. But they are disorganized.
I think the incoherent photos must be deleted from this web site. I don't mean the "bad sketch": some people aren't good in art, but they want to try and they are enough satisfied of their works. And this is ok. But aren't ok the images that cointain no one pixel that has an art concept.
These images, that aren't art for us, neither for a critic, nor for the creator, must be deleted for first.
I think if the true artists or simply disappointed people would go to make comments under the inappropriate photos in mass (15-20 comments), the creator will delete it. No offensive phrases and no personal arguments: only right critics well motived. A user can be a true artist, but if he upload an incoherent photo, this photo is still incoherent, independantment of the background of the creator.

And, to create this, I've projected a page on facebook where all people can post links of inappropriate image and all, in mass, can critique it (without forcing, simply using a correct opinion, that is obliviously negative is the photo is totally inconsistent). And remember: it is correct to make negative opinion only on the singular photo, not on the user. He can be enough a true artist.

But I've a little problem: I'm italian and I've several problems with this language, then I ask you some support... I want only to give you the idea and to create the facebook page, but is difficult to admin the page in another language for me.

Who is with me? Who wants to watch a DeviantART reborn?
I hope you haven't gave up hope in this web site.

:bulletblack: Denise :bulletblack:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012

Show ImagesNausicaa's laboratory by ~Yaphleen
Show ImagesMaiden with Lambs by *waryofwolves
Show ImagesIt was a dull night... by ~AlexanderJansson
Show ImagesEtching by ~spoonbard
Show ImagesHeady Machinery by *Vanessa-Lemen-TAD
Show ImagesUnderground:  gone with the gun by ~mingrutu
Show ImagesThe Retro of Tomorrow by ~Brosa
Show ImagesAbduction by ~BillCorbett
Show ImagesApocalypse Please by ~OmeN2501
Show ImagesBott Hungry by ~drigzabrot
Show ImagesLord Hatred by *ertacaltinoz

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Oh really?

Show ImagesSPRING IV by ~notmystyle
Show Imagesravine- i told you i can't fight by *nebezial
Show ImagesMia, new teaser by ~NunoPlati
Show ImagesAnomaly Preview 1 by ~GeirrodVanDyke
Show ImagesDonatello by *DavidRapozaArt
Show ImagesBlack Panther Decade Variant by *mbreitweiser
Show ImagesHappy Holidays!!! by *michaelkutsche
Show Images-s by ~hoooook
Show ImagesGallery of Mo - Campion by ~KyendoShow ImagesGallery of Mo - Guilherme by ~Kyendo

Show ImagesEverybody Knows by *contraomnes
Show Imageseels by ~Chaotic-Muffin
Show ImagesDemon Bounty Hunter by *algenpfleger
Show Imageswhite queen's library by *White-datuRA
Show ImagesRain by *AndreeWallin
Show Imagesthe bitter end by *bluefooted
Show ImagesVampir by `thienbao
Show ImagesDusk by ~cockrocket
Show ImagesMedusa and the Optometrist by *RYE-BREAD
Show ImagesAstarte by *oxboxer
Show ImagesThe Meat Market by *jonesray
Show ImagesWell of Souls by ~Andantonius
Show ImagesYour Father by *EddieHolly

Show ImagesThe Monkey King by =saharaam
Show ImagesAfter Victory by ~THEZENTLION
Show Imagesrumor by ~Sin-Amber
Show ImagesTalking over a bear by *Waldemar-Kazak
Show Imagesbubblegum and ochre by ~sketcheth
Show Imagesstripes by ~sketcheth
Show Imagesbest friends by ~moonywolf
Show ImagesGoss by *austerblitz
Show Imagesorca girl02 by ~rabbiteyes
Show Imagessun by ~glooh
Show ImagesOidos del alma by ~raynnerGIL

:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Equating deviantart to the word quality is like equating the big mac to high class cuisine.
:iconmkr:
mkr Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Photographer
Phone snapshots have replaced pirated poser models, pirated Bryce primitives, and pirated Photoshop filters, but it's fundamentally the same.
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sorry but it won't happen! :lol:
It looks like you're against poor people. :bucktooth:
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Maybe you should just become a furfag and yiff along with all the new teenagers? :lol:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   Digital Artist
:iconfellaplz::iconsaysplz:You're damn right I'm disappointed in your punk ass. 3 years and not a single deviation. GTFO! Where do you get off judging what is art and what isn't, what has value and what doesn't. You don't like it, then do us all a favor and leave.
:iconxxtraprince:
XXtraPrince Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
OK. Here we have a nice Italian lady who is concerned about the devolution of this organization and its standards, and although she is not ideally conversant in English she still steps forward and tries to help. She is promptly eviscerated on this page, including by some who lack either the knowledge or courtesy (or both) to even use proper grammar in stating their position - and who are native English speakers. I guess it's true: no good deed ever goes unpunished.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I sense no change.
:iconpetrova:
petrova Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist
That sounds like bullying to me.

Just ignore them. They just bother me when they end up in the wrong categories and then I report them as miscats. :aww:
Add a Comment: