Mother nature is an ass.

So, it would appear we're expecting a white Christmas here.

This is bad, because I have to drive for an hour later to get to my father's house. And like most people in western Tennessee, I'm clueless about driving in snow. I willingly admit that I am a very bad driver when dealing with winter weather. And it terrifies me. I don't like driving in rain, much less a fucking blizzard.

I would really, really hate to miss Christmas with my folks, because my dad is preparing an extravagant meal and I spent a lot of time making gifts for them.
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's very cold and my sinuses are acting up. Nose, stop running!

The snow was pretty though.
My sinuses are horrible and bloody from the widely fluctuating temperatures we've had lately.
It should stop.
Come to Central California; it's only snowed here twice that I remember. 1998 and 2005. :lol:
You know, I'm actually glad that I have some snow. It's been pretty dry for quite some time, now.
You said it didn't start yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Seriously, if it starts falling on your way there, you really have nothing to worry about unless it's a 10 inch blizzard. Especially if it's not wet snow, your tires should have pretty good traction in even us much as an inch of snow (I live in CT and drive a sedan, so I can handle a couple of inches perfectly fine). When it doubt, slow down, and take turns REALLY easy because you don't want to fishtail.

And like someone above said, don't brake and turn at the same time. One or the other. And pump your brakes, don't slam.
The main issue I worry about is visibility. I drove in a heavy pour of snow once, it was pretty hairy.
On a side note, one time I was driving home from work and the visibility was so bad that I actually had to turn off my headlights. Obviously turning them back on when I was anywhere near another car, but the glare off the snow was blinding.
Just take it slow and keep a good following distance. :nod: Just stay to the right and drive as fast as you feel comfortable, because you're not going to be the only one worried about visibility.
Well I didn't get to go anyway, my dad didn't want me out in that weather so he decided to postpone our Christmas. :(
:(

At least you're safe and didn't have to deal with the potentially stressful and dangerous situation. :nod:
All I can say is, good luck. :hmm:
Extra advice:
-If it is sunny, wear sun glasses. The sun will reflect off of the snow and can be extremely distracting. Sun glasses reduce the glare and make driving a bit easier.
-Assume black ice in the worst places to have black ice. Heck, assume it is everywhere, especially on back roads.
-4WD cars will slide on ice. Trust me, I've gotten a pickup in 4WD High to go sideways (accidently.)
Where did you get my pic of my ass at??
The little search box up there.
i c wut u did thar.

That's quite a lovely tuckus, though.
I wanted to find something good.
I wish my ass looked that nice. My ass is pretty good looking but not quite THAT good.
We all wish for a plush tush, but what are ya gonna do?
:sing:For some strange reason it had to be
He guided me to Tennessee
What a stupid complaint. You're an ***.
*** *** * ******* *** ******. :aww: