Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53

Mother nature is an ass.

:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Photographer
So, it would appear we're expecting a white Christmas here.

This is bad, because I have to drive for an hour later to get to my father's house. And like most people in western Tennessee, I'm clueless about driving in snow. I willingly admit that I am a very bad driver when dealing with winter weather. And it terrifies me. I don't like driving in rain, much less a fucking blizzard.

I would really, really hate to miss Christmas with my folks, because my dad is preparing an extravagant meal and I spent a lot of time making gifts for them.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
It's very cold and my sinuses are acting up. Nose, stop running!

The snow was pretty though.
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Professional Photographer
My sinuses are horrible and bloody from the widely fluctuating temperatures we've had lately.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
It should stop.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Filmographer
Come to Central California; it's only snowed here twice that I remember. 1998 and 2005. :lol:
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Hello, from Florida! :wave:
:iconjellybean9000:
Jellybean9000 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You know, I'm actually glad that I have some snow. It's been pretty dry for quite some time, now.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
You said it didn't start yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Seriously, if it starts falling on your way there, you really have nothing to worry about unless it's a 10 inch blizzard. Especially if it's not wet snow, your tires should have pretty good traction in even us much as an inch of snow (I live in CT and drive a sedan, so I can handle a couple of inches perfectly fine). When it doubt, slow down, and take turns REALLY easy because you don't want to fishtail.

And like someone above said, don't brake and turn at the same time. One or the other. And pump your brakes, don't slam.
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Photographer
The main issue I worry about is visibility. I drove in a heavy pour of snow once, it was pretty hairy.
On a side note, one time I was driving home from work and the visibility was so bad that I actually had to turn off my headlights. Obviously turning them back on when I was anywhere near another car, but the glare off the snow was blinding.
Just take it slow and keep a good following distance. :nod: Just stay to the right and drive as fast as you feel comfortable, because you're not going to be the only one worried about visibility.
Add a Comment: