Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

Fake(?) mediums...Theresa Caputo, Long Island Medium.

:iconzenblood:
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Me and my mom dabble in watching "Long Island Medium" from time to time. Of course, the question "Is she being genuine?" always stands between being amazed by her readings or disgusted by how she's fooling people.

This is sort of my rant to people commenting on no-nothing sites that ask for people's opinions on whether Theresa is fake or not. Personally, I'm (%30)open to her being real, but I'm also fully aware of cold-reading.

Annon: "her questions she asks are always correct. she barely asks them anything she does most of the talking....so how can you sit there and say she is a fake"

Well, that does seem to be true. When it comes to certain things like tattoos, I find it hard to believe that someone could know what your tattoo is if it's well-hidden; but you'd be surprised how people can come up with those things. Either they might have seen a glimmer of a tattoo or whatever by chance, or they had something planned out. I remain skeptic.

Annon#2: "They are not dead people who can't move on. That is such a crock. When you die, you go to heaven or you go to hell. "

Now, I really hate it when people throw in what they believe like it's a validated fact. I believe that people have spirits and that they may continue on, glued to this earth, but that isn't a known fact, so, let's not even go there.

Annon #3: "Real or fake...she gives comfort to many people who are having a difficult time after a loved one dies...real or fake, she's helped many people get over the loss of a loved one"

Uhhh...no...that's like never telling your child Santa Claus is fake. Sure, it makes everything seem more magical to them, but do you want them to learn to accept life how it is, or do you want them not to be able to deal with how things actually work? If she is lying, I find it terribly sick and disrespectful. Making people "feel better" isn't a valid excuse for earning money by lying to someone who's suffering. Why not teach someone to cope with a loss in a healthy way without lying to them?

Has anyone heard of her being a validated fake yet?

On an semi-related note...
I remember when I was younger, rude comments made by random people on the internet didn't bother me. Now I've grown quite tired and frustrated with it. Why can't people reply to each other in a thought-out or at least respectful manor? Meh...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconuboa-chan:
UBOA-CHAN Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i have a feeling its all staged, she meets with the people before the show and tells them "act really surprised when i point out certain things about your "deceased" love one and maybe cry a bit i dunno"

shes really annoying too :T
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's hard to take her seriously with those nails...and that hair o.e
Then again, if it's possible to communicate with the dead, I suppose anyone can be born to.
:iconcindarellapop:
CindarellaPop Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I tend to find that people with any real sort of special talent don't waste it on crummy reality shows.
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Agreed :/
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012   Digital Artist
Not as fake as their tits.
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
TLC thought it was a good idea to air a show about a fraud that cold reads and exploits people.
Then again, this is the same channel that gives us Honey Boo Boo so not a big surprise they lower the bar with this crap...
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's pretty sad :/
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah...
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
At first I thought you were talking about artistic mediums. :lol:
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Pencils don't exist.