T-Boned a Guy

Was driving on the highway and some dude changed lanes without looking. He was too close, and I was going too fast. I struck his driver side going 80 km/h.

I busted my right arm (typing this with just my left hand is hard.) I seem to have punched the windshield control in the impact. Everyone else is bruises. I had the worst injuries. My car is destroyed. I'm a wreck.

Merry fucking Christmas. Wear your seatbelt, i'd be dead now without mine.
Comments107
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My car got totaled too. :(
Atleast you survived.
I read 'T-Boned' as 'T-Bagged'. I LOL'd.

Glad you survived. ;)
I'm sorry. Where I live no one knows how to drive. Or so I'm told, I don't know how to drive but my sister almost always comes back with some story about some jerk who can't drive. It's kind of amazing how many horrible drivers are out there.
:iconsuperhugplz:

Shitty icon is shitty.
You're from Calgary, right?

I've been on those highways in the summertime and I would much prefer them over the massively crowded ones here leading in/out of Toronto. But I guess winters a different story. We got 10cm of snow last night and the traffic reporters were advising to tack on double the amount of travel time this morning than it would usually take. A bus wiped out on an off ramp, numerous other wipeouts... and so many train delays it wasn't funny.

I mean we live in Canada... you'd think that people would know how to drive in the snow by now.

That all being said, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Generally the highway is fine. I also prefer Calgary to the ones around Toronto, driving those was slightly terrifying for me. But the drivers here are far more stupid, I think. I also think its easier to get a license here than other places. If my test is anything to go by, anyway.
Where I live it's the hardest to get a licence because people are morons when it comes to driving. There are more accidents in Brampton than anywhere else.
I read a whole report once about how wearing a seatbelt can actually increase your chances of being killed.

Anyway, that sucks man. :(
Bullshit. I'd be a bloody smear without my seatbelt. They save way more lives than they take.
Oh yeah, that's creditable. A nameless paper done written by someone nobody knows in no journal whatsoever, and from what I read, is composed mainly of straw man arguments and a focus on head-on collisions, which given the forces and speeds involved, are more than likely going to be fatal regardless of safety measures and for that matter, are not the most common kind of impact by far.

It is true that seatbelts can be dangerous. If you're trapped under water, or you've rolled, or the car is on fire and you're injured and can't free yourself, then a seatbelt becomes a liability. But by overwhelming numbers, the most common kind of accident is what I encountered: a fender bender, or being hit on the side of the vehicle. In that case, if you have nothing binding you to your seat, then instead of the bruises and damage from the seatbelt which you can recover from with time, your very fragile skull and rather fragile chest area is going to meet the windshield and dash respectively.

Moreover, there's such an overwhelming number of factors in every accident that you can't pin overall safety or danger on any one thing. Try reading this article for an explanation of that: [link]
This is true, this is true.

Thanks for the link, the stuff written there makes a lot of sense.
You lost your car, that sucks. Also sucks you have to wait like that for a cast! Well, someday you won't be pained by this anymore, sorry that happened. I've been in a couple wrecks and they always leave you shaken as hell.
That shit sucks, at least you had a seat belt, you should be in the new ad campaigns,
'I was driving on the highway, a man... just drove right in front of me, I nearly died, if it wasn't for my seat belt... A message from the wear a seatbelt association'
Sorry to hear that! I wish you a speedy recovery and a merry Christmas :tighthug:
Damn, glad neither of you were killed.
It's almost a blessing in disguise, if you think about it? Even though you took the most damage, you're still okay, so that's good.

Also, happy Xmas :hug:
Yeah but my car is gone forever. :(
I don't drive because I hear stories like this. Probably irrational.

In any case, that sucks. :C Sorry bout that.
I've never had any other problems. Its a bad idea to drive at Christmas anyway.