The words "finished trilogy" mean nothing to you do they?

My father and brother are all the things wrong with humanity sometimes.

They have non-stop been watching The Dark Knight Rises. Which isn't so bad to most people, but my brother and father both listen to things so loud you can hear individual lines from the movie and feel the soundtrack DOWNSTAIRS.

Both of them have come to me going "So when do you think the sequel is coming out?" To which I answer "Never, Nolan is moving on. The triology is complete."

And then all the BAWWWW YOUR WRONG. Starts. "But Robin! Catwoman! Bruce Wayne LIVES!" GOD DAMN IT I WILL BURY YOU BOTH IN A SHALLOW GRAVE.

:stare: I could bring Christopher Nolan to my house, and he could tell them to their faces he won't be making another Batman movie, and they would still whine that he will.

Someone kill me so I can be saved from this 10th level of hell that the universe has created for me.

In other news, Man of Steel looks fucking fantastic.
Comments133
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh holy shit. Opinions. How dare people have them.
Just be glad they aren't Michael Bay fans.
In all honesty they probably are. I just haven't heard them praising one of his movies in a while.
My condolences.
I honestly thought there was going to be a new trilogy with a different man playing batman. n.n'
Aww...

It's good they're passionate about something, I guess, but there are so many awesome movies out there. :O
To be honest they could be passionate about tomatoes, and they would still be able to find a way to be annoying.
Aww.. just means you love them! :love:
It's 22 years of practice putting up with them lol.
That's pretty intense. :O

Moving any time soon? :la:
Hopefully come next spring.

But I'll still have to deal with them over the phone.
I know people who still want more Harry Potter.:no:
I hate how everything has to be a trilogy to begin with. Hollywood seems to think it is the coolest word ever.

... What's that? Pirates of the Caribbean Tetralogy/Quadrilogy? Certainly you mean Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection!
It's a pain that we can't seem to have stand alone movies anymore. There's lots of good stand alone movies, but Hollywood is obsessed with making more money.

They actually intend the PotC to be a saga like Star Wars. Why, I don't know. Because On Stranger Tides was kinda awful in my opinion.
I thought On Stranger Tides was okay. It just felt too much like a remake of the first one and it doesn't really work as a sequel to At World's End.
Everyone I know watches TV and movies at incredible volume. I don't understand it.
I can hear what they watch from the other side of the house. I can figure out what show/movie it is, by hearing it over what I'm watching.

But I like it when things are left at trilogies. 4 movies is almost always pushing it too far. 3 is great, because you can make it an afternoon and evening kind of thing, when you watch them one after the other. :meow:
I watch movies and stuff a little louder because I'm hard of hearing. But you still can't hear me watching TV from the street like you can my dad.

I like that about trilogies too. Unless we're talking about the extended Lord of the Rings. Then it takes a whole day for all three.
Nonstop? So, they're watching it over and over or something?
Yup. It's the only movie they've watched since I got home last Wednesday.
Why would they watch it over and over? That makes no sense...
Because they are boring human beings.