Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 142

Doctors aren't what they used to be :/

:iconlovensita:
Lovensita Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
When you think of a doctor, you think of many things. And when you go to visit a doctor, you expect a lot more. But I've seen a lot of doctors today and that really live up to the title, and it makes me wonder if people like these are staining the name?

For example, let's say you go to a doctor complaining of abdominal pain. You've been throwing up, having diarrhea, etc. Your doctor, unknowingly to you, is a stupid idiot that got a M.D in medicine by some far-fetched luck as it may happen in some cases. The doctor ASSUMES you just have food poisoning, and puts you on IV Saline fluid to make up for the dehydration. Next 30 minutes, the patient dies. Why? Because the patient actually had appendicitis and it lead to a ruptured appendix, killing the patient. HOW could a doctor misdiagnosis this? You're doing a physical examination on the abdomen, you should've expected the worse and treated for the worse. They exist.

Another case is, you come to a doctor for let's say plastic surgery (I chose this example because I want a wealthy person in this place). You're in the doctor's office, the doctor is a regionally renowned doctor in this field and is very good at what he/she does. The phone rings, he/she picks up the phone, and suddenly this doctor starts screaming at the other person on the other line, using foul words, saying obscene things, etc.. Then the doctor turns to you, all huffed up, is slightly rude to you in response, but isn't completely because you're paying and he/she wants the money. So you can find nowadays doctors who are very adept in their fields but lack no form of mannerism at ALL.

My point is, not all doctors are as corrupted, but I feel that anyone can become a doctor one way or another, and I think that's a very sad thought when you're putting your lives in the hand of someone as unprofessional as these (existing btw) examples. What do you guys think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconspudfuzz:
Spudfuzz Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Used to know a great doctor who had an incredibly great reputation in my small town. Patients would come in and he'd properly diagnose some of them on the spot saying things like "Well, that's the worst case of xxxxx I've ever seen!" as soon as they'd walk in the door. He wasn't making it up, just had years of experience and lots of passion for his job. Unfortunately, all great professionals are usually stolen from places they're sorely needed and given more lucrative offers in prestigious institutions abroad. :saddummy:
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
If I'm not mistaken, haven't they always been pretty bad?
:iconscouterv:
ScouterV Dec 27, 2012  Student Writer
You remember that thing we were always told as kids?

"You can do anything you set your mind to." (Or one of the many variations used in the world.)

Turns out that it can be true...anyone...can do anything if they set their mind to it. It's a double-edged sword.
Lovensita Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Unfortunately :c
:icondanium:
Stop being so whiny, if you want love and cuddles go to your mother. :B
:icondeviant-garde:
... are these all purely hypothetical examples?
Lovensita Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No. These are real life examples.
:iconwandereranon:
WandererAnon Dec 25, 2012
Oh, and on another note. We don't know everything when it comes to the human body. It's why we have medical schools and universities that are filled with students to do research, internships, and projects as a bit of a requirement even. Technology and practice in these fields change over time and even though that we're getting better than previous, there are going to be problems that will stump us. There are issues that are a problem today that'll continue to be a problem for a really long while.

And adding to that, this methodology that knowing everything is an asymptotic notion and that science is a self-improving tool, all of technology and processes will have this issue.
:iconwandereranon:
WandererAnon Dec 25, 2012
In This Thread:
Ignorant fucks complaining about lazy, unmotivated, learned fucks and charlatans.

If you want my two cents, anyone could easily become an unmotivated, untalented fucktard when it comes to just about anything. They can know the talk, but doesn't wish to walk the walk. It's within most of everyone that we see. Though I can assure you that there are always going to be people that are like that in some way, shape, or form. Meanwhile, as for mannerisms... I can say the same damn thing about anything else. In fact, for both of these things can be seen right here in art. There are talented individuals that have lost the drive or became unmotivated in their artwork, and there are adept artists that can be complete assholes that just wants the e-fame or someshit. On top of that, people in general fuck up like that, when they're having a bad day, 9 times out of 10 they show it.

So do you know what can be done to combat that? Well, you can't change the person, but you can change the learner by getting them active and into a better standard that can won't delve down into incompetence and unprofessional behavior.
Lovensita Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I loved your post c,: Great example of the artists here. I respect your opinion and find it a really good one at that <3
Add a Comment: