B-But... Computer... What are you doing?

So, I have two computers. The one I'm using now is the one I use full-time, for all my internet needs and such.

But I also have another computer that is a few years older, but completely stuffed. I only need it for two key things: itunes, and scanning pictures. My scanner is hooked up to that computer, not this one. And I'm pretty sure you need to put a disk in to the said computer to get it to connect with the scanner for the first time.
Well, this computer I'm using now has the disk compartment removed, and besides, pretty sure the disk itself is broken/lost, so no hope connecting it to this computer.

Now, I know my older computer is long-gone. It's been having problems for forever, shutting down randomly, doing all sorts of crazy stuff, things slowly not working, important things, too. I'm pretty sure it has a virus. For all I know, a hacker's made their way onto the thing. I know how bad that can be and hope that isn't the case... But it's been okay, because I've only continued using it for the two things that I mentioned above, and they've been left unscathed.

But the other day I cracked and foolishly attempted to use the internet on my stuffed computer, because I was desperate. It was a very forceful process and only ended in consistently broken web pages, and an inundation of "[such and such] has stopped working..." messages. And then proceeded to do an unprovoked forced shut down several times, even when in safe mode, which it hasn't done in a long time. It's been pretty good lately.

So I tried to use the scanner tonight because I wanted to upload something for Christmas... But now things have become so bad that the computer is denying me access. :icondeathstareplz: I type in password, computer goes "Access denied". Which makes me think that there probably is some sort of hacker involved in this. :icondeathstareplz: That better not be the case. I have embarressing old stories on that computer. :stare: Photos, information.... I have it all backed up, of course, so no troubles there.
After a few disheartened attempts to log in, it informed me it was going to do a forced shut down. Usually when a shut down occurs, a blue screen pops up with the whole "a problem has been detected and a shut down will occur..." thing happens, but it was different this time, it told me plain and simple: "this will do a forced shut down" which gave me the vibe it was because I tried to log in and it was denying me access. :stare:

Anything but a hacker, please...

So it looks like I can't use the scanner for a while. :stare:

tl;dr: I've been very careless with my old computer, not really giving a damn about it even though it's evident that it's probably virus-ridden, or worse. I stupidly attempted to use the internet on it the other night. Now that's all come back to bite me, and it's flat-out denying me access. :stare: Now I can't use the scanner or update my ipod at all! :crying:

:iconfirstworldproblemsplz:

BONUS complaint: The vacuum cleaner is grossly old and completely stuffed, and it's been that way for months. No matter how much I pester my mother to buy a new one, she doesn't. She promised me that someone was buying her a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas, and then today when I ask she casually mentions that's not happening anymore?! :stare:
I'll probably have to use Christmas money to buy a new one myself now... :no:
All I wanted was a new vacuum cleaner, dammit! :icony-u-noplz:
Comments121
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Use the whip.

Cream.

Yours specifically.

Why is everything an innuendo?
LOL. I didn't even realise the whole innuendo thing about my whole post before! :lol:
I was waiting for someone to notice. :XD:
:XD:
Wow, that is one... When read that way... :o
Kick it! That'll teach it not to misbehave again! :dummy:
Turns out it was blue screen of death. :stare: And even the partition is corrupted.
:O

Kick it again for fun and punishment!
Turn off your computer and make sure it powers down,
drop it in a thirty-three foot hole in the ground.
Bury it completely, rocks and boulders should be fine,
Then burn all the clothes you may have worn at any time you were alive.
:iconthinkingplz: Something tells me that this is so crazy that it just might work...
delete system 32
works every time
*throws head back

MWHAHAHAHAHAH
Too many plzaccounts, didn't read.
Well someone's picky! :icondivaplz:
I included a tl;dr in the OP. :stare:

And other people didn't seem to have trouble reading it, so... :shrug:
Go to task manager and see if there's 'nlsagent.exe' thing active or something with 'nls' :o
I can't log in, the computer is denying me access to the infected computer.
Try to log in in security model or Safe Mode and go to cmd command. I'm almost sure you have a spywire thing in your system32, something 'nls' related that does a forced shut down...
Which is your windows?
I have tried safe mode, it restarted before I could even attempt to log on. :saddummy:
Your computer is possessed! :noes: