Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 120

B-But... Computer... What are you doing?

:iconescarlatafox:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So, I have two computers. The one I'm using now is the one I use full-time, for all my internet needs and such.

But I also have another computer that is a few years older, but completely stuffed. I only need it for two key things: itunes, and scanning pictures. My scanner is hooked up to that computer, not this one. And I'm pretty sure you need to put a disk in to the said computer to get it to connect with the scanner for the first time.
Well, this computer I'm using now has the disk compartment removed, and besides, pretty sure the disk itself is broken/lost, so no hope connecting it to this computer.

Now, I know my older computer is long-gone. It's been having problems for forever, shutting down randomly, doing all sorts of crazy stuff, things slowly not working, important things, too. I'm pretty sure it has a virus. For all I know, a hacker's made their way onto the thing. I know how bad that can be and hope that isn't the case... But it's been okay, because I've only continued using it for the two things that I mentioned above, and they've been left unscathed.

But the other day I cracked and foolishly attempted to use the internet on my stuffed computer, because I was desperate. It was a very forceful process and only ended in consistently broken web pages, and an inundation of "[such and such] has stopped working..." messages. And then proceeded to do an unprovoked forced shut down several times, even when in safe mode, which it hasn't done in a long time. It's been pretty good lately.

So I tried to use the scanner tonight because I wanted to upload something for Christmas... But now things have become so bad that the computer is denying me access. :icondeathstareplz: I type in password, computer goes "Access denied". Which makes me think that there probably is some sort of hacker involved in this. :icondeathstareplz: That better not be the case. I have embarressing old stories on that computer. :stare: Photos, information.... I have it all backed up, of course, so no troubles there.
After a few disheartened attempts to log in, it informed me it was going to do a forced shut down. Usually when a shut down occurs, a blue screen pops up with the whole "a problem has been detected and a shut down will occur..." thing happens, but it was different this time, it told me plain and simple: "this will do a forced shut down" which gave me the vibe it was because I tried to log in and it was denying me access. :stare:

Anything but a hacker, please...

So it looks like I can't use the scanner for a while. :stare:

tl;dr: I've been very careless with my old computer, not really giving a damn about it even though it's evident that it's probably virus-ridden, or worse. I stupidly attempted to use the internet on it the other night. Now that's all come back to bite me, and it's flat-out denying me access. :stare: Now I can't use the scanner or update my ipod at all! :crying:

:iconfirstworldproblemsplz:

BONUS complaint: The vacuum cleaner is grossly old and completely stuffed, and it's been that way for months. No matter how much I pester my mother to buy a new one, she doesn't. She promised me that someone was buying her a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas, and then today when I ask she casually mentions that's not happening anymore?! :stare:
I'll probably have to use Christmas money to buy a new one myself now... :no:
All I wanted was a new vacuum cleaner, dammit! :icony-u-noplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconiheartwaffies:
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   General Artist
Use the whip.

Cream.

Yours specifically.

Why is everything an innuendo?
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
LOL. I didn't even realise the whole innuendo thing about my whole post before! :lol:
:iconiheartwaffies:
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   General Artist
I was waiting for someone to notice. :XD:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:XD:
Wow, that is one... When read that way... :o
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Kick it! That'll teach it not to misbehave again! :dummy:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Turns out it was blue screen of death. :stare: And even the partition is corrupted.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:O

Kick it again for fun and punishment!
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconrasec-wizzlbang:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Turn off your computer and make sure it powers down,
drop it in a thirty-three foot hole in the ground.
Bury it completely, rocks and boulders should be fine,
Then burn all the clothes you may have worn at any time you were alive.
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconthinkingplz: Something tells me that this is so crazy that it just might work...
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
delete system 32
works every time
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:lol:
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
*throws head back

MWHAHAHAHAHAH
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Too many plzaccounts, didn't read.
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well someone's picky! :icondivaplz:
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:icontealdeerplz:
I included a tl;dr in the OP. :stare:

And other people didn't seem to have trouble reading it, so... :shrug:
:iconsilverfangotaku:
SilverFangOtaku Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
BURN IT!
XD
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Go to task manager and see if there's 'nlsagent.exe' thing active or something with 'nls' :o
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't log in, the computer is denying me access to the infected computer.
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Try to log in in security model or Safe Mode and go to cmd command. I'm almost sure you have a spywire thing in your system32, something 'nls' related that does a forced shut down...
Which is your windows?
I have tried safe mode, it restarted before I could even attempt to log on. :saddummy:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Your computer is possessed! :noes:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:nuu:
:iconaloryxsai:
AloryxSai Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Oh!:O_o: That's so terrible..:(
Yeah, it's a real tragedy.

Your icon says you've moved. :confused:
Yeah, I really moved, but but I just miss my old account this...^^" Only for a while, and tonight, I'll get out of this account

If you want to know my new account, you just ask it to me via the "Send a Note". I'll tell you^v^
If no, it's okay. It's not problem to me^v^
I don't think that will be necessary, but thankyou.
You're most welcome ^v^
:iconsanguinelaw:
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For the scanner: If you can find the model number (it'll probably be written on the scanner itself) you could more than likely find a driver for it online, that way you wouldn't need the disk.
Thanks for the advice. =)
Alright, I've downloaded what I hope is the driver for it, but I can't open it because it's a .dmg file :saddummy:
So the computer can't identify nor open it. :no:
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's a bit complicated, but first you need to download MagicISO, then read this: [link]
I downloaded MagicISO, and what you linked me seemed pretty straightforward and easy to follow. But SOMETHING just ISN'T working! When I followed the steps, with the driver .dmg file highlighted, all I seemed to do was create a brand new .iso thing with nothing on it, rather than convert it! :confused:
And when I try to open the file in ISO directly, obviously it doesn't work because it's still .dmg
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, have you mounted the image to a virtual CD ROM yet, or did you just try to open the new ISO file?
Just to clarify: the thing you linked me says to use the folder icon to open DMG files. But I don't see the point in this step; you're forced to click "cancel" anyway, because if you click "open", it won't open.
Then the next step says to click the page with the tick in it's icon to open "properties" dialogues. However, because I had to cancel out of the folder step, I'm not even sure if its actually the DMG file that's highlighted anymore; I made sure that it was highlighted down the bottom, but I'm not sure that this actually made a difference.
Apple HFS and Apple HFS+ were already unchecked, for whatever I did it for. I only had to tick one of the things it said to tick.
Then when I click the button it says to click to save to ISO, that's when it feels like I'm just making a blank one. And I still have a DMG file; though I'm not sure if this is normal and that a duplicate in ISO form has simply been made, or whether the DMG file itself is supposed to become an ISO file. :confused:

And yes, I tried to open the new ISO file... I thought the steps I was linked were the only steps I had to go through? ^^;
How do you mount the image to a virtual CD ROM? Is that the next process that I have to go through? :? And how do I even know that what I'm mounting is actually what used to be the dmg file?
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, opening MagicDisc is the next step, it should create a little icon in your toolbar (If you're using Windows 7 it should be in the little box next to the clock, when you click the ^ arrow). Right click the icon after you've created the ISO and click "Mount image to drive (F:/)" or whichever letter you have, then search for the directory with your new ISO in it and open that. Then go to "My Computer" as you would when locating the drive for a normal CD, and click on your newly mounted image. It should be in there and operable then.

If not, maybe you need to search for a new way to install a driver, there may already be an online ISO for your scanner anyway, in which case this whole ordeal was a waste of time :noes:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't understand, I don't know anything about this MagicDisk that you're talking about or where to find it. As far as I know, I don't have it. :nuu:
(1 Reply)
:iconphenova:
Phenova Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
"OH L00k! H@X0r5 '/\/ MI C0MP0073r! l4wlz! W3 1337!"

Unrealistic garbage, it's just malware on top of the fact that you didn't care to spend the dough or time on protecting your computer. Toss out the RAM and Harddrive, buy a new one, and then try it again.
Well, good to know that it's unrealistic garbage.

By the way, I have no idea what word "1337" is supposed to be. :?
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's "Leet" in leet typing.
Ahh, you just sent me on a wiki walk with that comment. :XD: Now, somehow, I'm reading about the book Nineteen Eighty-Four. :XD:
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Whoops? :lol:
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Reformat the virus ridden one?
EscarlataFox Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't even access it, let alone reformat it.
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That stinks.
I said that in the OP! :crying:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
OH XD
:icontobeyisdisgustedplz:P