Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 103

It maybe not your Culture, but try to respect it :)

:iconcliffto:
Cliffto Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Some days ago I found this art about Mayan doomsday (I'm not going to tell who is the user). He combined Mayan and Bali's Barong. I was being nice at first with telling him, next time before he copy paste-ing out Bali culture he should know where to locate out culture, but he replied me with ignorant reply and didn't care. He uses "barong" which is a sacred god in bali culture (I'm not from bali but i respect their tradition and culture), Barong is a symbol of Justice, freedom, and kindess, and he uses this on Mayan doomsday, chained the barong ears with iron chain, and place upon him above the skull. I will be fine if he has great explanation of his concept, but he does not explain anything and directly says that he doesn't care about my culture. this is what makes me kinda mad, Barong is a sacred god for Bali people and he treats him as nothing. As the 'doomsday' title may lead people to misunderstanding about Barong. Yet he blocked me and hide my comments.

sorry for grammar mistakes, I don't speak english everyday :)

I was just writing this to complain of what I feel and has no INTENTIONAL purpose to make someone's account being attacked (as I said earlier I'm not telling his username).

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconagamarlon:
agamarlon Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student
Barong is not a god, dude. It's a mythical creature, like a good chimera or something. fyi...
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ignore it mate. There are plenty of idiots out there.
Cliffto Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
yeah, thank you dude for the concern :D
Also, never post things like that on the complaint forum. I guess you have an idea of what it is really about.
So sorry, but if you have to recommend, where should I post this? :) I'll be more careful next time.
See mate, others are not obligated to respect what you respect or even share your opinion. You could tell them politely but that is the most you can do. Since this the big chink in your armour (argument) hence people will be trolling you if not calling you stupid or something of that nature.
Ah i see that bro, troll will always troll. Lucky we still have some people like you in this world. At least i was just try to be polite in replying and trying not to fall into the hole of hate cause of trolls. :D
Well, now you know.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's fine to respect a culture, but that shouldn't lead to censorship.

What I mean is, there will be people with opposing views on everything, people wanting to express things (and people just getting stiff messed up), and we can't demand they be silent, simply because we don't agree.

You came in there, lecturing and telling him what he could and couldn't put in his art.
I would have probably argued with you over pm, because I wouldn't want your censorship plastered all over my picture comments either.
I didn't ask him what to do of his art, I was just come there to say it was a good art and tell him a little bit about Barong. All he said was he doesn't care, and for Bali people Barong is sacred.
Add a Comment: