Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Around and Around and Around...

:iconaret:
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It is fucking icy out there. It's been pretty cold for the last week, so it's not that surprising, but while on our way home from the mall yesterday, I made a left turn and kept on turning gently around and around. In other words, I spun out. It was like being in the place without friction from Magic School Bus only significantly more scary. D:

Even worse, I ended up facing the wrong way, into oncoming traffic. There wasn't really any traffic because I drive the back ways to and from the mall, but there was one truck that didn't seem like it would slow down even though I was desperately trying to do a three point turn without spinning out again.

The pros of this adventure include: Now i've experienced firsthand spinning out and know I can handle it, and also I didn't freak out and nearly kill us all like the time I was in the eye of a thunderstorm. I'm a better driver! :la:

The cons are that it was terrifying, the roads are nightmarishly slippery and also that I was at the mall on the last saturday before christmas. What a clusterfuck that was, what the hell was I thinking. :stare:

Bonus complaint: I bought something from one of those body shops for my best friend to help with stress, since her last job put her on blood pressure meds. The lady tried to sell me a huge and expensive gift set and when I told her it wasn't quite what I was thinking of, she looked like I just told her she was ugly and kicked her dog. She literally looked like I broke her heart. I felt awful all day, even though seriously, why was she even that upset, I did nothing wrong. I just didn't want that stuff. D:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I'd of been terrified.
:iconarvellas:
Arvellas Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Sales lady may have been hormonal.
:iconwandereranon:
WandererAnon Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I've spun around once, it was near a tight curve for which the outer tangent was the lake, thinking that I was going to crash and die of the cold and freezing water: I've turn to myself, and simply laughed. It wasn't a forced laugh, it wasn't a small laugh, it was a roaring laugh that knowing that if I was going to die, then I'd might as well die laughing.

Then my car hit the railing that was clear from the lake area, and seeing that I was still able to drive, I've drove on. To this day you could still see the little skid marks that were left behind as the result. I laugh a little bit to myself to remind that my life is limited, and that I should always lurk moar.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
You shouldn't have moved. Here, until just today, it had been pretty snow/ice free, and perhaps almost too boring...
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Seriously? I always found winters there hellish, and was glad to escape.

Figures I leave, and everything gets better.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Well now it's freezing again, so you have nothing to miss.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, it has been cold. My nose has been running all day.
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Spinning out is both freaky and fun, like a roller-coaster.
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
That's what I thought. It was something I would do again if I could do it where I wouldn't get hit by another car or slam into a streetlight or something.
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Fo sho. I narrowly dodged a tractor-trailer rig last time.
Add a Comment: