I am SICK of all these comic flatter spammers!

Has anyone else been getting constant notes and emails from various comic flatters who you didn't contact for information? It's happening to me more and more where different flatters contact me out of the blue trying to get me to hire them and it's really getting on my nerves. I have a lot of respect for comic flatters, because it's a job that is not only extremely important and a good flatter is very valuable, but it's a job that I hate doing myself and I usually find it incredibly boring. I'm extremely lucky to have an assistant who lays most of my flats for me, but this is a person who certainly did not spam me. These spammers are just plain annoying. Luckily I was able to report one and get them banned from DA because they were contacting me over and over again regardless of how many times I told them I was not interested. I used to be very polite with these people, but now I have lost my patience and I just want them to leave me ALONE!! If I need a flatter, I will CONTACT a flatter! I have no problem with them posting their services 100 times a day, but I just don't want them sending me constant notes and emails. Terrorists....
Comments67
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've had people contact me in the past wanting to do collaborations and shit. I said no, I work alone.
wat
SPAMBURGER

:iconimdrunkplz: I have no idea what I just read. Have some plushies.

[link]

Now that I've created a monster, hopefully a mod will come in and just lock this thread before it gets any worse.

posting my shit only cause everyone else is
You seen the hats yet?

Your hats are adorable! Do you take commissions?
I'll give you Two Refined for somma dat
They look comfy...
Fff, I want one :saddummy: but haha I'm broke.
Most of them are already gone now. I gave them away as gifts. I'll be making a new stock by January.
:iconsoldierplz: GIVE ME YOUR HAT
Two of those are no longer in my possesion. They went off to live wit my friend and girlfriend as Christmas presents.
Everyone else is doing it. Here you go! :la:

Luckily I never get spam, although I got a really weird note today.

Yay art spam

lol@ "Pataku". I get those Notes *all the time*. >_<. I've recieved 3 like that in the past 4 days. Basically, people added me to their watch list. Then they write me private Notes as if we're friends and I'm an active watcher of theirs and inform me of whatever's going on; they want me to read their journal, or are moving accounts and want me to "re-add" their new account, when I don't even watch their old account. I have no idea who they are ( unless I happen to recognize their avatar from someone watching me).
It's a spam ploy for pageviews or to try to get watchers out of people they watch. Because I admit, I read the Notes and go " wtf? Who are you?" and check their page out e_e.
I've never actually heard of comic flatters, simply assuming it part of the colourist's job. It makes a lot of sense though, and one can see why so many people would canvas for flatting work. 

Personally I hate colouring my own pages, and I'd love to have the money to hire a colourist and flatter. :lol:
I haven't gotten harassed to the extent you seem to be portraying, but I had one deviant contact me asking if I needed him to do flats for my stuff :O And when I said no, he asked if I had any friends that needed a flatter. I found it quite odd.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I used to try to be polite with these people and thank them for their offers and simply tell them I'm not interested, but even after doing so they continue to message me. And it's not just one, it's a bunch of users. Or the same few users with multiple accounts (very likely).