Neon orange cones.

I took a driving test today for the first time. I failed! :dummy: The only reason why was because of the parking, and those ugly orange cones. My side mirrors decided to play tag with them, causing me to fail. :iconlazycryplz:

I'm not too upset, because it's just a driving test and now next time I know what to expect. Dammit though, I want this shit done and over with. :stare: Afterwards, my instructor was like "I should have just told you to pull up and try again so you didn't fail."
:iconyoudontsayplz: Thanks for telling me that NOW.

As I started to leave, he was like "You know, you're taking this very well. Most women usually cry after they failed their test. Kudos to you." :o Thanks? I got home and ate my feelings, I sort-of feel better.

:icontealdeerplz: My car hit some orange cones while I tried to park during my driving test and I failed.

Anti-complaint: I might get to spend christmas with my boyfriend. :love:
Comments81
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like to wear those things on my head and pretend I'm the grand duchess of the DMV
I love you for this.
I failed my first test because I turned right on a red light that was a No Turn. It was, when pedestrians are present. They were no damn pedestrians. :grump: I also wasn't "confident" enough, because I guess you have to be calm when being judged on your driving ability that determines whether or not you can get yourself to school and anywhere else because your dad's about to go in the hospital for a hip replacement and won't be able to drive anywhere.

The next time I took my test, I was about 10x more nervous because two instructors went with me. :dummy: I passed, though.
Yeah, I failed my driving test the first time because I couldn't park for the life of me :lol: I didn't hit any cones though. According to the instructor I was driving with, I used up all three turns of pulling out so that failed me :hmm: (and I only used two... and everyone watching agreed that it was only two tries). Passed it pretty easily the second time though, even without my glasses (which I am supposed to wear).
I just hope I don't hit those cones again. :XD: I wish they'd just move out of the way for you or something.
My dad taught me how to drive, and he had a set of cones from work (former linesman for Verizon)... he would set the cones up so that I had to fit the car perfectly in between. There was no fucking room for error :stare: God, I hated that crap!
I'm terrified I'll keep failing that portion and it'll take forever to get my license! :ohnoes:
Nah, you'll be fine. I think after the first try, most people are good on their second.
I failed it five times :surrender:
At my first attempt at the driving test, I passed everything despite being nervous and unprepared because I didn't know my stepdad was taking me there until I realized we weren't on the way home. The the test guy failed me because I fucked up parking in the lot at the very end.
I think I'd be more mad than sad if I failed, cause then I have to fork out over $200 to restart the damn thing.
It costs you that much for a test? :o I only paid about $54....
Yeah, it's a lot for the classes and the driving test. Even more if you get it with motorcycle lessons.
I thought you knew how to drive, because your complaint is surely driving me up the wall :iconteheplz:
Ohhh look at you being clever! :iconteheplz:
I'm glad you liked that, my whole joke was riding on you getting the pun! :iconteheplz:
You and me both. :lol:

I've failed the driving test many times and have lost motivation to try again, but eh. It sucks that you can't really get anywhere without a car nowadays.

Might? Isn't it a bit short notice? :O
This is why I love living in a town that has free bus fare. :D
Free.. bus fare? :O

That's amazing! :noes:

Is the bus service good, though?
Passable. I occasionally have to wait a couple of minutes past scheduled arrival time, but it's never been a problem.
Oh, that's really not too bad. :nod:
I'm still terrible at parking. I'm surprised I even passed my road test. I can drive pretty well now, but can't park worth a damn.
I failed mine because I had a mini panic attack and stopped in the middle of an intersection like a deer in headlights :dummy:

Afterwards, the guy that tested me was just like "Yeah, you're going to have to come back again. :stare:"
I haven't taken another test since.