Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 80

Neon orange cones.

:iconlovebehr:
lovebehr Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
I took a driving test today for the first time. I failed! :dummy: The only reason why was because of the parking, and those ugly orange cones. My side mirrors decided to play tag with them, causing me to fail. :iconlazycryplz:

I'm not too upset, because it's just a driving test and now next time I know what to expect. Dammit though, I want this shit done and over with. :stare: Afterwards, my instructor was like "I should have just told you to pull up and try again so you didn't fail."
:iconyoudontsayplz: Thanks for telling me that NOW.

As I started to leave, he was like "You know, you're taking this very well. Most women usually cry after they failed their test. Kudos to you." :o Thanks? I got home and ate my feelings, I sort-of feel better.

:icontealdeerplz: My car hit some orange cones while I tried to park during my driving test and I failed.

Anti-complaint: I might get to spend christmas with my boyfriend. :love:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I like to wear those things on my head and pretend I'm the grand duchess of the DMV
lovebehr Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I love you for this.
:iconmitoma:
Mitoma Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I failed my first test because I turned right on a red light that was a No Turn. It was, when pedestrians are present. They were no damn pedestrians. :grump: I also wasn't "confident" enough, because I guess you have to be calm when being judged on your driving ability that determines whether or not you can get yourself to school and anywhere else because your dad's about to go in the hospital for a hip replacement and won't be able to drive anywhere.

The next time I took my test, I was about 10x more nervous because two instructors went with me. :dummy: I passed, though.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, I failed my driving test the first time because I couldn't park for the life of me :lol: I didn't hit any cones though. According to the instructor I was driving with, I used up all three turns of pulling out so that failed me :hmm: (and I only used two... and everyone watching agreed that it was only two tries). Passed it pretty easily the second time though, even without my glasses (which I am supposed to wear).
lovebehr Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
I just hope I don't hit those cones again. :XD: I wish they'd just move out of the way for you or something.
My dad taught me how to drive, and he had a set of cones from work (former linesman for Verizon)... he would set the cones up so that I had to fit the car perfectly in between. There was no fucking room for error :stare: God, I hated that crap!
I'm terrified I'll keep failing that portion and it'll take forever to get my license! :ohnoes:
Nah, you'll be fine. I think after the first try, most people are good on their second.
:iconsweetnspooky:
SweetNspooky Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I failed it five times :surrender:
:iconquixotic-spark:
quixotic-spark Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
At my first attempt at the driving test, I passed everything despite being nervous and unprepared because I didn't know my stepdad was taking me there until I realized we weren't on the way home. The the test guy failed me because I fucked up parking in the lot at the very end.
:iconcopaceticchaos:
CopaceticChaos Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
I think I'd be more mad than sad if I failed, cause then I have to fork out over $200 to restart the damn thing.
It costs you that much for a test? :o I only paid about $54....
:iconcopaceticchaos:
CopaceticChaos Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah, it's a lot for the classes and the driving test. Even more if you get it with motorcycle lessons.
:iconsanguinelaw:
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I thought you knew how to drive, because your complaint is surely driving me up the wall :iconteheplz:
Ohhh look at you being clever! :iconteheplz:
:iconsanguinelaw:
SanguineLaw Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm glad you liked that, my whole joke was riding on you getting the pun! :iconteheplz:
:iconohuplz:
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
You and me both. :lol:

I've failed the driving test many times and have lost motivation to try again, but eh. It sucks that you can't really get anywhere without a car nowadays.

Might? Isn't it a bit short notice? :O
:icondarkstar07:
darkstar07 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
This is why I love living in a town that has free bus fare. :D
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Free.. bus fare? :O

That's amazing! :noes:

Is the bus service good, though?
darkstar07 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Passable. I occasionally have to wait a couple of minutes past scheduled arrival time, but it's never been a problem.
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh, that's really not too bad. :nod:
:icontheleaveshaveeyes:
theleaveshaveeyes Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Photographer
I'm still terrible at parking. I'm surprised I even passed my road test. I can drive pretty well now, but can't park worth a damn.
:iconwheezergirl:
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
I failed mine because I had a mini panic attack and stopped in the middle of an intersection like a deer in headlights :dummy:

Afterwards, the guy that tested me was just like "Yeah, you're going to have to come back again. :stare:"
I haven't taken another test since.
Do you think it hinders you much, just curious?
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Driving? Not really. I used to be scared shitless of it though. :lol:

I live in a city where if you want to get anywhere quickly, cars are the the only way to go, so I'm kind of forced to get a license.
3wyl Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Ah, I see. :O

Yeah, I get what you mean. =/

Wait, did you get your driving license? O.o
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Nope, failed it first try. :lol:
3wyl Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Oh, me too. :no:
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I passed the first time, however I have had many speeding tickets. :)
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You naughty shark you.
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Took me five tries. Mainly because I'm blind :lol:
Kudos to you for sticking it out.

Five times one after another?
Penhuin Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pretty much! :lol:
Ah.. I should have done that. >.<
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Eh, take what you can from it. When you're parking make sure you look all around you constantly. Take your time. A lot of people get so focused on looking behind them that they don't realize their front end has swung around.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Maybe you should have parked somewhere without orange cones.
Your advice has been noted.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
FYI, my advice may only be noted within the finest moleskin notepad.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I put off taking it for a very, very long time since I was told horror stories of failure and wanted to not fail. Then took it and realized it was incredibly easy.
It's very easy! I just made simple mistakes lol
:iconpookinator:
Pookinator Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
At least you didn't merge into oncoming traffic to make a left hand turn. :stupidme:

You'll ace it next try. =)
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student General Artist
This is why I'm planning on taking my driving test in a small town in the middle of nowhere. They don't bother to put up cones.
:iconclaygauged:
ClayGauged Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
I'm so glad they don't keep giving driver's tests once you've got the license.
I wish they would. Just every five years or so. Some people get their license and think they can throw everything they've learned out the window, or sometimes old people keep driving even though they can't see properly anymore.
darkstar07 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student General Artist
In my country, at least (I dunno about other countries), people are required to re-take their exams periodically after 60 or 70 (don't remember which), with increasing frequency as they get older.
I'm with you there. :nod:

I bet 50% would fail. :B
Every time some 90 year old drives into a flea market people start saying that after a certain age, driving tests should be required again.
It should be required every few years anyways. You're operating a machine that has the potential to kill or seriously injure tons of people. We make people redo their gun licenses and CPR tests every few years, there's no reason people shouldn't have to redo their driving tests. Even the best drivers get into bad habits or start to forget the laws after a while.

My dad teaches motorcycle courses and I occasionally come down to help with the tests. You need a driver's license to get a motorcycle license, and sometimes we have people who literally cannot hear the whistles used for training. I know it's loud being on top of a motorcycle and the helmet muffles some noise, but the only people who ever can't hear the whistles are seniors. It's dangerous because that whistle is supposed to simulate an ambulance siren, or a train whistle, or anything that could potentially threaten your life. It really makes you wonder how they're able to drive around practically deaf, and if they should be allowed to drive at all.
For purely selfish reasons, I like not having to be retested. I go to the DMV as infrequently as I possible can, and I have no positive memories of the place. Unfortunately, though, I agree with you. Operating a vehicle is something that takes responsibility, knowledge, and awareness, and you put other people at risk when you do it incorrectly.
Add a Comment: