Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 99

Everyone steals my comics.

:iconangrydemon:
angrydemon Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Let's do a little experiment. Do you recognise any of these comics here?
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]

This may surprise you but I am the one who made them! In fact, hundreds of thousands of people have seen these comics. But not on DA or my website [link]. No, you probably saw them on Facebook instead. My comics have been passed around all over Facebook, 9GAG, Funnymama and only god knows where else. And you probably saw them with my name, copyright and website URL removed completely. This is called THEFT. Although I'm doing pretty well, considering the sheer amount of views my comics are getting outside, I don't think I'm getting nearly enough recognition for my work. I used to get pissed, but I no longer care anymore. It's not worth the trouble for me to monitor all these incidents. I just hope that the next time you laugh at something funny on Facebook, you think about who created it in the first place.

I just saw Sushi Comic on the Manga Fox page with over 5000 likes and 1000 shares. Of course, some dick removed my name first.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If this is all true, you should make a Face Book page for your work, with an explanation about how you wrote these comics. Then go to where others have posted your work on Face Book, and comment. Post links to that page, and your website, you DA page, whatever, so people know who made it. I really think artists should be recognized for their work. If all those people knew you made those comics, I think at least a few would stop by to let you know that they appreciate your work.

Anyway, that's what I'd do, if people were passing around my art without giving me credit (unlikely).
:iconstarcobra123:
starcobra123 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
It's Facebook everyone uploads stuff but 90% of the time people are either too stupid or just too busy bitching to even look at them pictures

Or it's them damn status where it's like this picture or some weird alien/monster/batman villain will kill you in your sleep "gasp" the horror ahahahaahhahaah
:icon16bitinsanity:
16BitInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I know you created these comics angrydemon and I humbly support your work and when I say that I mean YOUR work.
:iconfoolish-pride1:
Foolish-Pride1 Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do have to admit I have put a few of your comics on fb, I left your name on them and provided a link to your deviantart, but when I put myself in your position I think permission should have been asked.... sorry bro, my bad :(
:icongatodelfuturo:
gatodelfuturo Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
so it was you...
:iconlazerkitties:
Lazerkitties Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have seen all of those comics, and they are epic.
:iconforeverteatime:
ForeverTeaTime Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It should be a crime.... Wait, it is.

Anyway, I haven't seen them before, but then again I try to stay faaaaar away from sites like 9gag because they are rotten and evil and stupid and turn people into weird-talking idiots.

Perhaps something that you can do is make sure that with your future projects you'll put your signature or something on it in such a way that it becomes harder to remove without making it obvious something was removed from there?
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012

Look at how much I care. I've selected you as the lucky winner of the thumb of irrelevance.
:iconmcdenis09:
McDenis09 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I posted something about watermarks getting cut out on F.L.o.a.B.C.'s F.B. page, he said, "It's like a compliment, a really shitty compliment."
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Become a murderer and kill everybody. It's the only way.
Add a Comment: