Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

I just fucking LOVE when people fucking endanger me, just to earn less than 5 dollars.

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am so fucking angry.

My friends and I were walking around the city. We decided we wanted to go home. I have a massive blister on my foot, and my friend had worked all day, so we decided to take a taxi to one of the major train stations.

This train station has a well lit, popular front entrance, and a isolated, deserted back entrance, that turns out, that is closed at night. (We couldn't see that it was closed from the back of the car, but the driver obviously could.)

Guess which one he drops us off at? My fare would have been a few dollars cheaper if he dropped us off were he should have, but hey, we all know less than five dollars is worth more than my safety.

He absolutely speeds off, not allowing us to get directions to where it's actually open/get back in the car and get dropped off in a safer area. (fuck, I would have been willing to pay for the trip back to where we actually wanted to be)

So my friend and I were in the middle of fuck knows where. We try to figure out which way we had to walk. We got onto a rather empty road and started walking... and walking, and walking, then a car comes up and slows right down, next to us. Yeah, I was shitting myself. :| (okay, not literally.)

Eventually they left us be, we realized we weren't going the right way, and had to turn back.

Luckily, we passed a parked taxi, and asked the guy how to get where we wanted. Turns out, we have to go through a construction site, down a tunnel, pass a busway etc etc etc

But seriously. They fucking tell girls to take taxis, instead of walking late at night, because 'it's safer'. Yeah, dropping people off in absolutely deserted, isolated places is not safe.

It would have been safer not taking the taxi in the first place, because I would have stuck to well lit, popular places. Not places I could scream blue murder at the top of my lungs, and have no one hear.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Jeez, that guy was a jerk.
:iconimmer-frei:
Immer-Frei Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Jesus. What a prick.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Scary...
:iconcrazylittleloon:
Crazylittleloon Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Writer
What a jackass.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Professional Photographer
This is why I learned to disapparate
:iconsmileyvizard:
SmileyVizard Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ever since I watched the first episode of BBC Sherlock, I've stopped trusting cab drivers. I suggest you do the same.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
You should get a Dwemer sphere to follow you around, like I did. It will protect you with a sword and crossbow. You can find one in Kagrumez, if you can get past the trials. Only one of them is friendly, though, the rest WILL try to kill you.

On second thought, it might be safer to leave it. If you can actually get it without being horribly killed by magical automatons, you probably don't need the protection. Cool to have around though. Everyone is like "look out! a dwarven sphere is right behind you!" and I'm like "it's cool dude, he's with me" and they're all like "NO WAI" and I'm like "YA WAI"
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
wut.
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Filmographer
He's referencing Skyrim.
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
oh.
Add a Comment: