how insulted should i be?

we'll tommorow is my 18th birthday. yippee. woo. after graduation most of my friends deserted leaving just me and my bff - or who i THOUGHT was my bff. She suggested that after going out for the day with my family that me and her stay at her place and watch movies etc. remember, SHE suggested it. Now when she was in grade 7 (like 2 years before we met) she had a crush on this guy. she new him for a year (we've known eachother for 4) when she was 12. now she told my mum to tell me that I cant go to her house because she's going to some guy she didnt knows funeral so that she can see this guy she knew like 6 fricken years ago - who, by the way, stopped returning her emails about a month after he left.

my question to you fine people is exactly how pissed of shoud I be? My last remaining friend would rather go to a FUNERAL than spend some time with me on my birthday. RAWRWWTEFYR.
Comments140
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You are far too self entitled. Seriously, its a birthday. WHO GIVES A FUCK. Just fucking rearrange it.
I'm not the type of person to rely heavily on friends because frankly, I've yet to find a friend who stays by your side no matter what. People are selfish. It's a sad fact. Your BFF is being somewhat of a douche though...if she knew the person whose funeral she is attending and would actually care about the funeral itself, it would be another matter entirely. But as I said, people are selfish. You should try and make the best out of your birthday by yourself. Learning how to cope with situations like this will be worth a lot when you get older. Also, learn to shrug this stuff off. Don't vent it, don't think about it, don't mull on it. Just shrug it off and do something nice for yourself.

Regarding your friend, you should tell her how you feel to her face. If she can't handle it, she is not a real friend. Chasing some guy to a funeral is rather sketchy in itself. I wouldn't be angry about ditching me on my birthday but if my friend attended a funeral just to hit on a guy...ehh...not quite the type of person I'd hang around with.
Birthdays aren't special and you're a faggot for thinking so.
eh, some friends are like that can some friends won't be.....the only way to really know is to call her retard fatass....if she's laughs then she's your real friend. If she doesn't well then I think you need some more considerate friends.
She seems to not have her priorities in order :| kinda messed up to go to a funeral just to gush over some guy.
Remember, friends are like slinkies. Completely useless until you push them down a flight of stairs.
It's a fucking funeral for fuck's sake. She wants to emotionally support the guy she likes. You'll have another birthday next year, so grow up and get over yourself, or you'll find that nobody will want to spend your birthday or any other day with you.

So, she's going to blow you off after she suggested she'll spend time with you to go to a stranger's funeral in an attempt to butter up to a guy who doesn't even know her? Wow... Why would you bother with her? Also, wait until your 21. It's more fun.
yeah its not a super situation :/ and i must admit, there really isn't anything changing on my 18th lol. I can't even start voting because I'm not a canadian citizen haha. Woo for 21 :)
It doesn't matter whether she knows the person who died or not. She's going to support the guy she likes, who she used to be friends with.
Don't be. Stupid friend is stupid. Let her get a restraining order put against her.
I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. I mean, I only have your word that she went to the funeral, not to grieve, but to see a guy that she liked many years ago :shrug: If she's going to the funeral for genuine purposes, then there's nothing to be upset about. You can't really predict things like that. Funerals take precedence over birthdays.

Buuuuut, if she really is going to flirt with some guy... well, she's a saucy tart :grump:
First of all, this is worded in such a convoluted way that it's hard to follow what exactly is going on here. Dear lord, I actually had to read through this horror two times.

Also, you can't expect for people to stay behind just because it's your birthday. Perhaps they have plans with their families. If you didn't make plans in advance, you can't expect them to.

Also, she's going to a FUNERAL. Perhaps she's there to support someone? :unimpressed: Get over yourself. 
I find it horrible that she's using his friends death to get close to him.
Also, talking about your best friend on a forum? Not cool dude.
The plan was I could blow off a little steam now so I didn't feel the need to say stupid things to her.
If I'm angry with my friend, I tell her to her face. We get pissed at each other for ten minutes and move on. I always thought friendship was about saying stupid things without having to pay for it later.
Well I guess that sounds like a good approach to try. Thank you :)
How much you want to bet she won't even mention this thread to her friend?

All this disloyalty behind their back conveniently omitted just to not reveal how much of a distrusting jerk they are. See, a sensible person would cut the bullshit and get right to the point. But then again, since when were children ever "sensible"?
Hey, it's part of being a teenager. :shrug:
Better yet, so are the consequences!

Oooooh, it's so fun building character!

:iconitbuildscharacterplz:
Hey, it worked for me.

But only because I wanted to get rid of her once and for all, and she took the bait hook, line and sinker. It's good that Complaints unwittingly helped me get rid of a total lunatic with Borderline Personality Disorder. Now THAT was a bad friend!