Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 139

how insulted should i be?

:iconpendawg:
pendawg Dec 21, 2012  Student General Artist
we'll tommorow is my 18th birthday. yippee. woo. after graduation most of my friends deserted leaving just me and my bff - or who i THOUGHT was my bff. She suggested that after going out for the day with my family that me and her stay at her place and watch movies etc. remember, SHE suggested it. Now when she was in grade 7 (like 2 years before we met) she had a crush on this guy. she new him for a year (we've known eachother for 4) when she was 12. now she told my mum to tell me that I cant go to her house because she's going to some guy she didnt knows funeral so that she can see this guy she knew like 6 fricken years ago - who, by the way, stopped returning her emails about a month after he left.

my question to you fine people is exactly how pissed of shoud I be? My last remaining friend would rather go to a FUNERAL than spend some time with me on my birthday. RAWRWWTEFYR.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Dec 22, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You are far too self entitled. Seriously, its a birthday. WHO GIVES A FUCK. Just fucking rearrange it.
:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm not the type of person to rely heavily on friends because frankly, I've yet to find a friend who stays by your side no matter what. People are selfish. It's a sad fact. Your BFF is being somewhat of a douche though...if she knew the person whose funeral she is attending and would actually care about the funeral itself, it would be another matter entirely. But as I said, people are selfish. You should try and make the best out of your birthday by yourself. Learning how to cope with situations like this will be worth a lot when you get older. Also, learn to shrug this stuff off. Don't vent it, don't think about it, don't mull on it. Just shrug it off and do something nice for yourself.

Regarding your friend, you should tell her how you feel to her face. If she can't handle it, she is not a real friend. Chasing some guy to a funeral is rather sketchy in itself. I wouldn't be angry about ditching me on my birthday but if my friend attended a funeral just to hit on a guy...ehh...not quite the type of person I'd hang around with.
:iconsilencing-machine:
Birthdays aren't special and you're a faggot for thinking so.
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
eh, some friends are like that can some friends won't be.....the only way to really know is to call her retard fatass....if she's laughs then she's your real friend. If she doesn't well then I think you need some more considerate friends.
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
She seems to not have her priorities in order :| kinda messed up to go to a funeral just to gush over some guy.
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Remember, friends are like slinkies. Completely useless until you push them down a flight of stairs.
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Dec 21, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
It's a fucking funeral for fuck's sake. She wants to emotionally support the guy she likes. You'll have another birthday next year, so grow up and get over yourself, or you'll find that nobody will want to spend your birthday or any other day with you.

:iconkitsumekat:
So, she's going to blow you off after she suggested she'll spend time with you to go to a stranger's funeral in an attempt to butter up to a guy who doesn't even know her? Wow... Why would you bother with her? Also, wait until your 21. It's more fun.
:iconpendawg:
pendawg Dec 21, 2012  Student General Artist
yeah its not a super situation :/ and i must admit, there really isn't anything changing on my 18th lol. I can't even start voting because I'm not a canadian citizen haha. Woo for 21 :)
Add a Comment: